Mencoder Video Filter Help

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Skylion

Mencoder Video Filter Help

Post by Skylion »

So I tried to rewrite the config for Mencoder to use the gradfun video filter as I would really appreciate the ability to use a debanding filter. I attempted to this with Avisynth but whenever I play Avisynth/Mencoder the playback is about 20-100x faster than the video allowing for a chimpmunk like audio to take hold for the first five minutes of the video followed by dead silence. I assume if I wanted to use the a debanding filter I would configure Avisynth to use the FFDSHOW's Debanding filter?

So anyway when I tried to enable the debanding filter in Mencoder via the config file, in mplayer it is called the gradfun filter. I kept getting the follow error lines.

INFO 2012-07-13 20:13:26.454 [main] Checking MPlayer font cache. It can take a minute or so.
DEBUG 2012-07-13 20:13:26.454 [main] launching: win32/mplayer.exe
INFO 2012-07-13 20:13:26.525 [main] [1] Cannot launch MPlayer / Check the presence of win32/mplayer.exe ...
DEBUG 2012-07-13 20:13:26.526 [main] launching: win32/mplayer.exe
INFO 2012-07-13 20:13:26.596 [main] [1] Cannot launch MPlayer / Check the presence of win32/mplayer.exe ...
INFO 2012-07-13 20:13:26.596 [main] Done!

I edited the config file via notepad btw and made sure that the encoding was UTF-8 when I saved it as specifications would dictate. Does your mencoder build not include a debanding filter. It just that I watch a lot of anime and due to the low degree of tonal variation in the colors, banding can cause significant quality degrading. I can post pictures if you need more convincing, (in some scenes it gets so blocky that it looks like the video is <240p).

So the question is how do I enable and configure the gradfun filter for Mencoder, and if I can't how do I fix the chipmunk audio issue with Avisynth/Mencoder. BTW Avisynth/FFMPEG causes an incompatible format error, (I think it has something to do with most of my videos being 10bit).

I know this is a complicated issue, but any help would be appreciated.