Subtitles in english

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Maytus

Subtitles in english

Post by Maytus »

HI again,

Im sorry, I am not able to auto-download subtitles, I have a deaf person in the house so I need to have subtitles in english while I watch everything in english, I removed any other language from the line so, if I am correct, the settings would be:

Subs language priority: eng,und
Audio/Subs language priority: eng,on;*,eng;*,und

Can you please help me?
Nadahar

Re: Subtitles in english

Post by Nadahar »

To auto-download subtitles you must use the "live subtitles" feature. These subtitles are downloaded from opensubtitles.org. Because of overload of their servers during the corona situation, they have blocked anonymous downloads - you must create a user at their site and then specify this in UMS.cred so that UMS can use these credentials when contacting opensubtitles.
KITSOS

Post by KITSOS »

I believe that the problem is not with the auto-subs from internet but with the ext srt that cannot render automatically even if you choose force ext in the settings. I have the same issue sometime now and the only way to play my ext greek subs is to choose from my tv(PANASONIC VIERA VT60) the transcode folder and manually select the appropriate file. I used to watch without any problem videos with ext greek subs straight from the main folder.Is there any way to fix this please.Thank you
Maytus

Post by Maytus »

Nadahar wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:12 am To auto-download subtitles you must use the "live subtitles" feature. These subtitles are downloaded from opensubtitles.org. Because of overload of their servers during the corona situation, they have blocked anonymous downloads - you must create a user at their site and then specify this in UMS.cred so that UMS can use these credentials when contacting opensubtitles.
Thank you so much for your reply, I acually have an opensubtitles account but I dont see the option to use "live subtitles" nor a way to input my log in information, please see my attachment
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (172.96 KiB) Viewed 4794 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

You can enable "live subtitles" from the "Navigation" tab I believe, it's probably called something like "Show live subtitles" or similar. As to the username/password, you must manually edit a file called UMS.cred and enter them in this file. I don't remember the exact syntax of that file, but I think all you need to do is to add a line with:

Code: Select all

opensubtitles=<username>,<password>
...where you substitute <username> and <password> with the actual values. After having done that, restart UMS.