[Solved] Auto-Updating makes softlock on Windows 10

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
JuanPZ

[Solved] Auto-Updating makes softlock on Windows 10

Post by JuanPZ »

Hi,

Today my UMS detected the 9.7.1 version but when it failed to connect to the server (I don't know why), it softlocked the entire system. It seems that Java tries to render the window everytime taking the mouse and keyboard focus to the updater's window, so I wasn't able to click on the X button nor use Task manager (somewhy I was able to use the Start Menu, so I restarted the computer from there), but neither the X button nor the Close button (below the progress bar) did work from the window itself.

Also, after restarting the computer, the updater appears again, but everytime that I wanted to close it (by X or Close button), it appears again almost immediately, Hopefully I was able to use Task manager, but I had to stop the Java service multiple times (it seems that it just crashed instead of being stopped by the Task Manager).

Please, review that issue. I don't know if it's present in 9.7.1 as this only happens when UMS detects a new version (anyway I updated the UMS manually to 9.7.1 to avoid this issue on Windows boot)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Auto-Updating makes softlock on Windows 10

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for reporting this, it will be fixed in the next release