ISO 3D FILES ON KODI

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
JohnSnow

ISO 3D FILES ON KODI

Post by JohnSnow »

Hey folks,

I recently picked up a Raspberry Pi3 to play MVC 3D files on KODI.

I found UMS after looking for a replacement for the old PS3MS and it feels very familiar.

I set everything up and the library shows up on my Pi3, however when I click on an thumbnail of an ISO there is nothing inside, blank.

I tried one of the ISO files locally and it plays fine through KODI, so it seems to be my settings with UMS.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
Nadahar

Re: ISO 3D FILES ON KODI

Post by Nadahar »

UMS needs MEncoder/MPlayer to play ISO files. It's not bundled with UMS for Linux, so you need to install it from your distro's package manager or similar.
JohnSnow

Post by JohnSnow »

Thank you for the swift reply Nadahar, thanks for the quick reply.

I'm using UMS for windows, i see MEncoder in the transcode options, I dont see Mplayer.

Is there a guide or a step by step on what I would need to install for UMS for windows to get this feature working?

Thanks!
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Sorry, my bad, I didn't really read that thoroughly I guess. When I read RPi, I assumed that UMS was running on the RPi - and thus Linux. This shouldn't be a problem on Windows, as MPlayer/MEncoder is bundled. MEncoder is a part of MPlayer so in a sense they're the same thing. For most operations UMS actually only use MEncoder (for transcoding), but in the case of ISO's MPlayer is needed to "extract the media" from the ISO file. As long as MEncoder is enabled in the options, MPlayer should be too.

I'm sorry, but I really have no idea what could be causing this on Windows. It was just a short-circuit on my part. Debug files (as described in red above) is probably where you need to start.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

I am sorry but the support for MVC 3D ISO files is not implemented in the UMS. The UMS can read only DVD ISO files. In fact for me the current implementation of 3D is dead until somebody will present any new approach.
JohnSnow

Post by JohnSnow »

Thanks for the reply valib.

Would there me any media servers on windows that can stream 3D ISO files that you can recommend?

thanks!
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

I am not sure if there is any DLNA media server capable to do it.