Cloned my drive to a new one. Zipped and moved media folder to now-wiped old drive. UMS cannot be found on other devices

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Acxelion

Cloned my drive to a new one. Zipped and moved media folder to now-wiped old drive. UMS cannot be found on other devices

Post by Acxelion »

I recently bought an SSD to speed up my boot time, but since SSDs are expensive, I wiped my old drive and moved my media folder back to my old one. However, after changing the media folder in the settings and trying uninstalling and reinstalling UMS, it cannot be found on other devices on the network(TV, Xbox One, phone). I did some quick google searches but I couldn't find a thread that clearly addressed this issue.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2020-11-19-01-35.zip
Debug files from my UMS server after reinstallation
(301.63 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
mik_s

Re: Cloned my drive to a new one. Zipped and moved media folder to now-wiped old drive. UMS cannot be found on other dev

Post by mik_s »

The most common reason for when UMS can't find any renderers on a network is that it is using the wrong network interface. It is usually because there is a VPN installed which creates a virtual interface and that can be incorrectly selected as default.

In General Settings tab, under Network Settings (Advanced) select your physical interface in the "Force networking on Interface" drop down.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Acxelion

Re: Cloned my drive to a new one. Zipped and moved media folder to now-wiped old drive. UMS cannot be found on other dev

Post by Acxelion »

How would I figure out what network interface to set UMS to?

EDIT: I guess I found the right interface? I tested some and now its showing on my phone at least.