Empty folders after updating

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
keith81

Empty folders after updating

Post by keith81 »

I updated to version 10.0.1 and now my Sony Bravia TV sees empty folders, even though videos exist there, and can be indeed seen from the web interface.
The status tab of UMS often notifies that it's getting API info about these videos which the TV isn't seeing anymore.

How do I clean out the database?
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-02-07-19-58.zip
(273.28 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
keith81

Re: Empty folders after updating

Post by keith81 »

Bump - Is this a known issue?
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

I came to this forum for exactly the same problem, scanning seems to hang during startup. at least the progress stays at the same 'scanning folder <blahblah>' or 'getting API info on <filename>', and if I try to cancel the scan it just sits there for ages on 'canceling scan...'. The same happens with the setting off and manually starting the scan.
This has something to do with the latest version, might have been since 10.x, as I never had this problem before updating to 10.

For now I just have 'scan shared folders at startup' disabled, as it seems to scan the folder anyway if you open it.

<Edit>just updated to 10.3 (as I used the check update button), but it still just hangs on the same folder.

Added a trace log and it keeps hanging with the progress text 'Scanning folder: Jack Hunter (2008) (1080p) 3x1u39m'
So the only 'weird' thing I see soon at that point is the "JPEG DLNA compliance failed with too low JFIF version "1.01" failure.
At the end it just keeps repeating the ALIVE part.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-03-14-18-18.zip
(77.74 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi SuperDre, I think that bug is different to the one that keith described, and I want to help you both. I have an idea of what is causing the problem for you, and I will make a fix to test soon

Keith are you still around?
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

I don't know, it seems to have the same cause, while UMS is scanning the folders it just hangs on one item, and while UMS hangs, if you connect to UMS from you device it shows empty folders, if you stop UMS from scanning and you connect everything is ok.
As for me it also started after I installed 10.x, never had any problems like this while I was on 9.x.
At least to me it seems like exactly the same problem as keith81 has, as my attached debug logs was after I changed the order the of the drives, before that it also got stuck on the status tab on 'getting api info blah blah'.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I think I have fixed it, please try https://www.universalmediaserver.com/up ... -locks.exe
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

Hmm, I thought I had answered this yesterday.
I tried the fix, and it seems to work now, it kept scanning on (so not stuck in the statusbar on one particular action/file), and I could connect to it and saw folders (but I'm not 100% sure it was not done scanning by that time when I checked through my PS3).
massi64

Post by massi64 »

I have the same problem with my Sony tv, I am using Linux as a server particularly Debian 10, is there any fix for Linux ?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

massi64 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:25 am I have the same problem with my Sony tv, I am using Linux as a server particularly Debian 10, is there any fix for Linux ?
This fix should be in the latest versions of UMS. If you are using an older version try upgrading.
If it is still not working then could you post your logs? see the section in red above.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.