Version 10.0.1 API slowness and errors

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
simba1908

Version 10.0.1 API slowness and errors

Post by simba1908 »

I'm experiencing mass slowdowns when starting the UMS, and it's since i've updated my version to the latest: 10.0.1. On previous versions it used to Scan my video directory and be done within seconds, now with this version it's going through each file using the API (Getting API info for {filename} and it's been processing for over an hour. When i use the UMS via my PS4 (again, previously no issues) nothing is displayed until the API processing is completed. I renamed the database and restarted the app so it will rebuild but still no joy.

The error/debug log shows File corrupted while reading record: null. Possible solution: use the recovery tool. The files are not corrupted however as I can play them directly on my Windows machine or remotely via Plex. And even after the API processing is completed all video files play without issue.

I've also unchecked the Use info from our API box and restarted the app and no change in slowness.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Nadahar

Re: Version 10.0.1 API slowness and errors

Post by Nadahar »

If you don't want the API stuff, simply run a pre-10 version.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Version 10.0.1 API slowness and errors

Post by SubJunk »

I would be surprised if it was the API causing any slowness - the API lookups should happen asynchronously in the background.
As you seem to have confirmed by unchecking the option, there is likely another cause, and the API lookups are a coincidence.
Please provide logs