Port blocked on UMS 3.3.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
henriquelicori

Port blocked on UMS 3.3.0

Post by henriquelicori »

UMS used to work like a charm until this new update. I'm using a Linksys EA4500 and I've tried to forward the port in the router settings, with no success. After forwarding the port, UMS accuses that such port (wow) is being used and that I need to change the port in the config and forward this new port again. But the situation keeps on repeating. Anyone has a clue on how to solve this?? Thanks in advance.
kev_182

Re: Port blocked on UMS 3.3.0

Post by kev_182 »

I am having the exact same problem with the same router. Have you found a solution to this problem?
kev_182

Post by kev_182 »

bumb, after 10 hours of doing everything from port forwarding, dmz'ing, band adjustments, wireless g testing and frequency adjustments... nothing :(
SpeedyQ

Post by SpeedyQ »

You are probably getting low response because you don't mention anything about your setup. Which version did work correctly. Have you tried reverting back to that version?
Also why do you need port forwarding? Usually you only need that if your renderer sits in another network than you UMS server and most people only use UMS in their own LAN.
Please read viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556 on how to ask for support.