Play by genre, artist, album or All

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Midiboy

Play by genre, artist, album or All

Post by Midiboy »

I have been using UMS for about a year now with my PS3. Love it, but I have always a question, and this has kept me from Turing off the Windows Media Server as well. I hate the Windows Media Server because it displays my music in alphabetical order than track order. UMS does this brilliantly, but one thing I still use WMS for is playing my music in shuffle mode. WMS allows me to do this on my ps3 because there is way to select All Music. The thee PS3 can shuffle it during playback. It doesn't seem UMS lets me use a virtual folder for all music that I can shuffle. I figured I have to be missing something. Can someone assist? I love to play in shuffle because I have over 7000 songs ripped to mp3 and it's fun to just play music all day and not have to select a new artist or album when the current one finishes playing.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
DeFlanko

Re: Play by genre, artist, album or All

Post by DeFlanko »

Submit a github issue ticket and see if the dev's can add that feature in.
snakebyte

Post by snakebyte »

Hey MidiBoy,

Is'nt it an option for you to use iTunes ?

Using iTunes for me gives all the options requested by you when the option show iTunes library is enabled in UMS

maybe you can take this in consideration.

greetsssssss Snakebyte
Midiboy

Post by Midiboy »

Thanks, but I don't have an iPod. I can't stand iTunes.
jsteelio

Post by jsteelio »

Hey Snakebyte,

You see a "View all Songs" folder when iTunes Library is enabled? I don't see that option when viewing on my PS3? Is there a setting to see all songs that I'm missing?
snakebyte wrote:Hey MidiBoy,

Is'nt it an option for you to use iTunes ?

Using iTunes for me gives all the options requested by you when the option show iTunes library is enabled in UMS

maybe you can take this in consideration.

greetsssssss Snakebyte
snakebyte

Post by snakebyte »

@jsteelio

Yep,

When I browse iTunes ,it lets me choose between : Browse by artist , browse by album , browse by genre and last in options is all audio tracks.

This is as well on my PS3, my Sony Bravia Z5500 series tv and using the webinterface.

The only but is , when you browse all audiotracks , the order is completely mixed up ( not a-z /0 -9 ).

To me however this ain't that big of a problem , cause I use it for shuffle mode only.

I hope this could help you.

Greetsssssss Snakebyte