Streaming suddenly stopped working

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Streaming suddenly stopped working

Post by infidel »

jumpy.log wrote: result = self.core._fetchPage({"link": url, "auth": get("login"), "api": "true"})
socket.error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Users in the xbmc forums are reporting login problems with youtube, which may be what you're experiencing.
  • Try disabling login (remove your username/password in the xbmc youtube addon settings) to see if that helps.
  • If yes, try the patched youtube addon in the link, with login enabled.
Also, please report whether the specific addons in any new logs you attach are working ok in xbmc.
R9deLima

Post by R9deLima »

Okay, when I get home I'll post some logs with the latest version of UMS and Jumpy. And yes, I still use the older version of UMS because of the buffer issues. I use the older version on my laptop and newer versions on my desktop for testing. I'll also test the streams in XBMC and try the youtube tweak. Thanks!! :D
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

More stuff to check (having to do with the jumpy resolver's dependencies):
  • go to your XBMC addon folder: %APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\.
  • make sure the script.module.urlresolver and script.module.addon.common subfolders exist.
    • If not, download script.module.urlresolver and install it in xbmc (System >> Add-ons >> Install from zip-file).
    • verify both subfolders now exist.
  • open up an admin cmd console and run this command (all one line):

Code: Select all

mklink /d "%APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\script.module.addon.common\lib\t0mm0" "%APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\script.module.addon.common\lib\addon"
    and verify that a symlink called t0mm0 now exists in the script.module.addon.common\lib\ subfolder.
  • verify on taskbar/task manager that there aren't any hanging previous UMS javaw.exe processes and restart UMS.
R9deLima

Post by R9deLima »

Hi infidel. Here's a debug from the latest UMS & Jumpy. Everything I tested ran fine on XBMC. A couple streams played then froze(most likely buffer issue), but at least its something. But the rest failed, no input stream.

I'll test your other suggestions tomorrow as it is waaaaay past my bedtime. I'll report back as soon as I can. You've been great!
Attachments
umsdbg.rar
(169.85 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
R9deLima

Post by R9deLima »

infidel wrote:
jumpy.log wrote: result = self.core._fetchPage({"link": url, "auth": get("login"), "api": "true"})
socket.error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Users in the xbmc forums are reporting login problems with youtube, which may be what you're experiencing.
  • Try disabling login (remove your username/password in the xbmc youtube addon settings) to see if that helps.
  • If yes, try the patched youtube addon in the link, with login enabled.
Also, please report whether the specific addons in any new logs you attach are working ok in xbmc.
I've applied the youtube addon fix and the login is working fine now as well as all the videos in XBMC. Nothing streaming to Ps3 yet though.
R9deLima

Post by R9deLima »

infidel wrote:More stuff to check (having to do with the jumpy resolver's dependencies):
  • go to your XBMC addon folder: %APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\.
  • make sure the script.module.urlresolver and script.module.addon.common subfolders exist.
    • If not, download script.module.urlresolver and install it in xbmc (System >> Add-ons >> Install from zip-file).
    • verify both subfolders now exist.
  • open up an admin cmd console and run this command (all one line):

Code: Select all

mklink /d "%APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\script.module.addon.common\lib\t0mm0" "%APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\script.module.addon.common\lib\addon"
    and verify that a symlink called t0mm0 now exists in the script.module.addon.common\lib\ subfolder.
  • verify on taskbar/task manager that there aren't any hanging previous UMS javaw.exe processes and restart UMS.
script.module.urlresolver and script.module.addon.common subfolders are there. I added the command line to cmd and the t0mm0 symlink is now there. I checked task manager and there are no previous hanging javaw.exe processes.

Here is another log after adding the t0mm0 symlink. The first stream I attempted played for a couple seconds and then a bunch of "There is no inputstream" errors followed and showed up with everything else I tried to stream.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(111.09 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
R9deLima

Post by R9deLima »

Hi infidel!

Problem has been solved! :D I was reading up online on script.module.urlresolver and noticed that it was updated back on Tuesday March 18th. That was right around the exact same time my streams stop playing. So I thought I'd try rolling back a couple versions and boom, everything works perfect again! The current version is 2.2 and I rolled back to 1.2 which was updated back in November. I guess XBMC updated it automatically and that's where the trouble began both on my laptop and desktop. I'll have to keep an eye out for it in the future. The youtube fix was also a great help. Still some buffer issues with the latest UMS, but it's working better than the last couple versions. It works perfect with my old UMS 2.5.1 set up. Thanks so much for steering me in the right direction. You're a saviour ;)
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

R9deLima wrote:Problem has been solved! :D... script.module.urlresolver was updated right around the exact same time my streams stop playing. So I thought I'd try rolling back a couple versions to 1.2
Nice work and thx! Will look into this, urlresolver is key to jumpy-xbmc when it comes to youtube stuff (as you've just proven the hard way :D).

EDIT: Before you delete everything for good, can you test to see if urlresolver 2.2.0 fares any better if you (temporarily):
R9deLima

Post by R9deLima »

Yes, I will definitely try it out when I get a chance.

I just noticed that the urlresolver automatically updated back to 2.2. I was curious and checked to see if it changed back. Can auto updates be disabled incase the t0mm0 modification doesn't work?
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

I think you need to rollback with each update or turn off auto-update. You seem to be living in the past mostly :).