Streaming suddenly stopped working

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
R9deLima

Streaming suddenly stopped working

Post by R9deLima »

Hi there,

Just wondering if someone could take a look at my debug to find out what's going on with my streaming issue. I use UMS on both my Windows 8 laptop and Vista desktop. PMS is also having the same issue and errors. Streaming was working perfectly fine earlier this week and now all of a sudden pretty much nothing works??? I've made no changes to my network, router, PS3 or anything. There have been no firmware updates for my router. I usually stream through Web.conf or XBMC Jumpy addons. Streams in Web.conf no longer work and the only XBMC addon that works for me is USTV Now, when before they all worked. Since two days ago I'm getting the same errors on laptop and desktop which is really strange. Everything I try to play now is producing a network error. Failed streams from web.conf show up on the debug log, but nothing appears in the log for the failed Jumpy addons streams.

A clean install did not work. Tweaking router settings didn't work. I've done a Restore Database and Restore File System on my PS3 and that did not work. Updating PS3 firmware did nothing. The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling Java or resetting my router to factory settings. The fact that I'm having the same issue on both my laptop and PC tells me it must have something to do with my router network settings but as I mentioned before I have not made any changes prior. Literally, one day everything was working to the next day nothing working. I don't know what has changed. Is there anything I'm missing or haven't tried? Any help or tips would be great appreciated. You guys are great!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(43.8 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
Optimus_prime

Re: Streaming suddenly stopped working

Post by Optimus_prime »

Just a quick question, did you update versions of UMS in that time. Hopefully infidel can jump on this and help you out
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
R9deLima

Post by R9deLima »

Hi Optimus,
I'm running UMS 2.5.1 on my Windows 8 laptop and UMS 3.4.2 on my Vista Desktop. I did a system restore on my desktop back to March 15th when everything was still working and that didn't do the trick. I know infidel is the Jumpy expert, but its not exclusive to just Jumpy. Youtube streams in my web.conf no longer work either. Oddly, the sample TED videos in web.conf work. Hopefully infidel can still chime in. But really, within a couple days everything worked to almost all streams failing. No manual changes to my system or network. I did noticed a couple of Windows automatic updates on both laptop and desktop at the beginning of last week. That's it.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

R9deLima wrote:its not exclusive to just Jumpy. Youtube streams in my web.conf no longer work either
  • Can you stream local files?
  • Are there any non-youtube web streams that have stopped working? (even web.conf youtube streams need jumpy and/or channels for url resolving).
  • Do the failing addons (especially youtube) work in xbmc?
I would also try
  • uninstalling/reinstalling the xbmc youtube addon (or even a clean install of xbmc).
  • rerunning the jumpy installer so as to update youtube-dl (your version is a few months old).
  • temporarily removing jumpy to see if you notice anything different (although it seems most of your usage is web-related, so this may not prove anything).
  • similarly temporarily removing channels.
R9deLima

Post by R9deLima »

Hi infidel

Prior to my issues I could stream to PS3 with the following Xbmc addons: 1Channel, CBSNews.com, Documentary.net, Docu-hub, Fox Sports, Mash Up, New York Times, NotFilmOn, NHL addon, SportsDevil, Time.com, USTV Now, Veetle and Youtube.

Now I'm left with only Fox Sports and USTV Now working and the odd stream from Docu-hub. As I'm watching the debug log the failing streams aren't even showing up. It's as if UMS is not attempting to fetch the streams or doesn't know I'm trying to play them. I'm going to try everything you suggested and report back as soon as I can. I should also add that the Youtube addon in XBMC works okay except for the live streams which usually work. Thanks so much again!
R9deLima

Post by R9deLima »

Hi infidel

I've made a little bit of progress. My youtube streams in web.conf are working again. I guess downloading the latest version of youtube-dl did the trick. I also updated to the latest youtube channel. Not sure if that helped, but it's fine now.

No improvement streaming XBMC with Jumpy though. I tried a clean install with UMS 3.5.0 and the latest version of Jumpy and no improvement. Temporarily removing channels and Jumpy made no difference. I also uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC but that didn't help either. I think I'm going to try rolling back to the previous version of XBMC. Is there anything else you think I could try? Streaming movies or shows from my hard drive to PS3 is not a problem so I don't think it's my router.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

R9deLima wrote:I tried a clean install with UMS 3.5.0 and the latest version of Jumpy and no improvement.
A new set of logs (showing attempted playback) might help :).
R9deLima

Post by R9deLima »

Okay, I'll fire up some logs as soon as I get home from work. Thanks!
R9deLima

Post by R9deLima »

Hey infidel,

Here is a fresh log of some streams I attempted to play that were normally working less than a week ago. I tried playing streams from a bunch of different addons. And as I mentioned before as I'm trying to play them there is no activity going on in the log. No indication that they are trying to play or error messages.

To rule out a network/router issue I hooked up my old router and the results were the same. Thanks again for taking a look at this :)
Attachments
debug.rar
(86.43 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

R9deLima wrote:Here is a fresh log
By "new" I meant logs for your updated clean install :). These are logs for UMS 2.5.1+jumpy 0.2.9 (which I guess you're still running because of your old buffering issues). Something in this old install is broken and we need to look at an up to date clean install for comparison.