Problem on TV Philips 55PFL8008G/78

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Rockeiro

Problem on TV Philips 55PFL8008G/78

Post by Rockeiro »

The UMS recognizes Philips TV like a TP Vizion TV and I can not make media playback on TV, but when I force the UMS to render like a tv Panasonic TX-L32V10E the UMS playback works correctly.
Attachments
ums_dbg2.zip
(133.11 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
ums_dbg.zip
(32.03 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
SpeedyQ

Re: Problem on TV Philips 55PFL8008G/78

Post by SpeedyQ »

I don't know if you already tried this.
UMS supports a lot of renderers and by default all the configurations for the renderers are enabled.
That could lead to false recognition if your device registers itself in the same way as another device (using the same user-agent string).
But you can disable one or more renderers in the General Configuration tab, if you press the "Select renderers" button.
(I did the same in my setup for my Philips TV, as I had to disable the Streamium renderer.)

If you can't use one of the existing renderer configurations, you can also create one yourself based upon the specs of your TV and the user-agent string.
Rockeiro

Post by Rockeiro »

The tv is working fine, but she is being recognized as a Panasonic. I saw this tip here on the forum, I posted the logs hoping to solve the problem permanently. I did it using the select button renderer and configured the Panasonic default for unknown devices.

SpeedyQ wrote:I don't know if you already tried this.
UMS supports a lot of renderers and by default all the configurations for the renderers are enabled.
That could lead to false recognition if your device registers itself in the same way as another device (using the same user-agent string).
But you can disable one or more renderers in the General Configuration tab, if you press the "Select renderers" button.
(I did the same in my setup for my Philips TV, as I had to disable the Streamium renderer.)

If you can't use one of the existing renderer configurations, you can also create one yourself based upon the specs of your TV and the user-agent string.
SpeedyQ

Post by SpeedyQ »

Rockeiro wrote:The tv is working fine, but she is being recognized as a Panasonic. I saw this tip here on the forum, I posted the logs hoping to solve the problem permanently. I did it using the select button renderer and configured the Panasonic default for unknown devices.
You are in the situation that Philips tv and Panasonic use the exact same user-agent string (IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50) to register a itself at the UMS server.
This is not very uncommon because a lot of the times the same chips and software is being used in different devices.
The thing is, you can't change the user-agent string that your Philips tv is sending to UMS.
So if UMS recognizes it as a Panasonic, then your only option is to disable the Panasonic renderer configuration file via the Select renderers button.
Selecting Panasonic as default for unknown devices will not do you any good, since it will always select the Panasonic as long as you have not disabled it (as I have already described above).