UMS FLAC support for ps3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
zacjones99

UMS FLAC support for ps3

Post by zacjones99 »

I used to have FLAC's playing on my PS3 with PMS. I changed to UMS at one point and I can no longer do the FLAC's. I tried uninstalling CCCP and installing K-lite, still no go. I'm getting the corrupted data message. Any ideas? Thanks...
zacjones99

Re: UMS FLAC support for ps3

Post by zacjones99 »

Also, when I uninstall UMS and delete the UMS folder in c:/Program Files/x86, then reinstall UMS 1.40, it keeps all my navigation share folders and all my settings in the newly installed version? I even run the registry cleaner after uninstalling UMS and still get this happening...
zacjones99

Post by zacjones99 »

Also, just uninstalled K-Lite and reinstalled CCCP which has FLAC support, and uninstalled and reinstalled UMS -- still no FLAC and same message -corrupted data- on the PS3 when trying to play FLAC's. Thanks.
zacjones99

Post by zacjones99 »

So now I just restarted my computer after uninstalling CCCP and UMS and I'm getting the message

'No JVM could be found on your system
Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME
to point to an installed 32-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from
http://www.java.com'

I'm also running CoreAVC for H264 decoding with the CUDA accelerator for my nvidia GPU. I had all this working at one point, but then something happened to my java a while ago, not sure what but I remember getting a message.

Any recommendations for which Java version(s) to install? Should I uninstall whaever Java I have then reinstall the new version(s)? Then reinstall UMS after Java is installed? Thanks. Zac. Should I uninstall and reinstall coreAVC as well?
mookieguy

Post by mookieguy »

i'm not sure about your java problems, but i know for flac on ps3 i had to move mplayer audio to be the top priority engine under audio files engines on the transcoding settings tab. in still not sure if it is handling 24 bit 96 kHz flacs properly. an old version of ps3ms you had to go to the video section of the ps3 to get the audio high fidelity engine to play the high rez flac files, but that stopped working. im not sure if 24/96 flacs are being decoded and played at that rez or if theyre being transcoded to 16/44.

in any event i hope this info helps you get flacs playing on your ps3.
zacjones99

Post by zacjones99 »

Well I just installed the latest version (7.xx) of Java and no problems yet.

I just tried making mplayer audio the top priority engine and it worked!

Thanks a lot dude. I'm Big Pimpin' now!!!!
RavenFire

Post by RavenFire »

Thanks - that's a good tip..
Had the same issue, couldn't figure out why it used to work but no longer did :D
Spent quite some time staring at transcoding settings!
Klidec

Post by Klidec »

old thread I know. I've been trying to get my 5.1 DTS flac files to play on UMS and can't seem to be able to figure it out. On PMS back in the day it worked fine. And I think I remember having to use MEncoder to get it to work. However UMS doesn't seem to list MEncoder anymore under the "audio files engines". So I can't make it priority.
Any ideas how to get flac 5.1 dts to play using latest UMS?
Klidec

Post by Klidec »

Not sure if anyone cares about surround music anymore. But if you have any DTS encoded flac files the only way I got mine to work with the latest versions of UMS are to do the following;
1.) convert your FLAC files to wav files
2.) Disable the ffmpeg audio engine and the "Audio high fidelity" engine under "audio file engines"

If I did that they files would play correctly on my receiver and the receiver would recognize that they were DTS.
The .cue files are not read correctly however. Only the first track shows when i select the cue folder. And that first track plays in "slow mo".

If you don't disable the two audio engines you can go into your transcode folder and select not use any engine for transcoding.
Selecting ffmpeg will play the wav file in "slo mo". No option works to play back flac with DTS. I had to convert them to dts wav files.
Hope this helps someone.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Is this via the PS3 or do you have a S/PDIF connection to the receiver?