UMS with Showtime PS3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
deifyer

UMS with Showtime PS3

Post by deifyer »

I'm trying to use UMS(Ver. 1.4.0) just to stream my media to ps3 and leave playback to Showtime, but for some reason UMS does not allow me only to stream the media, it always wants to transcode or mux even when all the decoders have been disabled... any ideas how to fix it? I have few 10bit anime that i need to transcode for ps3 does not support it directly but for the rest I'd like to use Showtime :|
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: UMS with Showtime PS3

Post by SharkHunter »

Hmm...Seems like a bug somewhere in the logic, I have some issues with buffering etc. right now so I think this is related.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Try this as a worikaround for now (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=103&start=10#p937). Add "StreamExtension=xxxxxx" to the Showtime.conf file
deifyer

Post by deifyer »

Thanks, this seems to have done the trick. :) I did need to set default renderer to Showtime 3 because it wasn't detected automatically(using showtime 3.99.415) but other than that everything works now =)
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Can you upload/paste the logs? I'd like to see what the "user-agent" is for Showtime.
Also what dit you change in yor Showtime.conf? If you look in the logs you could yourself find the ua string and change that in the conf file to avoid set the default render :)
deifyer

Post by deifyer »

Here's the log. Also in Showtime3 conf i added that "StreamExtension=xxxxxx" and replaced the "X's" with all the extensions i could come up with that i thought Showtime supported(mkv, avi, mp4 etc.) ^^' Also the line actually exists in the conf file called "StreamExtensions=" with an added "S" in the end so just in case i pasted my extensions list there as well :)

EDIT: Changed the UA string and no more forcing anything, i guess i'll just have to remember to change it whenever i update my showtime build =)
Attachments
debug.log
(19.27 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

No you shouldn't need to update the ua string all the time. It should be generic enough to handle a version change. I think "Showtime" should be enoug. I don't think any other render will id itself as "Showtime" :)