Windows 7 and mountpoints?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
IAmATeaf

Windows 7 and mountpoints?

Post by IAmATeaf »

Using 1.01 and I've noticed that media under mountpoints doesn't show.

What I mean by this is that in my media server I have 5 HDDs, 1 disk is my main media disk and the other 4 disks are mounted as mountpoints under the main disk, so I have for example:

E:\Media
E:\Media\Comedy
E:\Media\Horror
E:\Media\Kids Films
E:\Media\TV Shows

Comedy, Horror, Kids Films and TV Shows are actual hard disks mounted as a folder so that when I browse E:\Media I get access to the other disks from a single folder structure. I used to use PMS and the above config was fine in that all the media under the mountpoints would show but with UMS 1.01 only E:\Media and it's contents are shown.

In UMS and in PMS I only ever used to have E:\Media in the list of folders to scan. I can get around it by adding the other folders but am wondering if there's a reason why the above no longer works?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Windows 7 and mountpoints?

Post by SubJunk »

Hi IAmATeaf :)
Which version of PMS supported mountpoints? I just tried a bunch of versions and none of them saw my mountpoint
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Hi subjunk :)

It was one of your subjunk release, can't check at the mo as I'm nowhere near my media server but I think it was 1.48. I have to be honest, it wasn't really reliable in that sometimes I'd need to restart the PS3 but I'm sure it used to work.

On an aside, there was another way of seeing disks by putting folder info in a config file, can't remember the exacts but I did have a config file so am wondering if that is what was working. I'm going to go and have a look on the PSM forums and see if I can find an old post of mine related to what goes into the config file.

EDIT: Found the post, Virtual Folders, this is possibly what I might have had configured so any info or would mountpoints be a simple enough change?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I just tested it and virtual folders (symlinks) work with the current release for me. I used syntax like:
mklink /D D:\folder C:\folder
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Cheers, just unmounted all the mountpoints and created the links.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I've just tried it and it doens't seem to work, I get the following message:

2012-06-10 22:17:45.115 [New I/O server worker #1-4] Checking shared folder: E:\Media
INFO 2012-06-10 22:17:45.118 [New I/O server worker #1-4] Node(net.pms.dlna.virtual.VirtualFolder) already has an ID=0$2, which is overriden now. The previous parent node was:RootFolder[[MapFile [name=Media, id=0$1, ext=null, children=[]]]]
INFO
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Scrub my previous post, I had created the hard link to the root of each HDD which is doesn't like, created a folder called Videos on each HDD, moved all the media into the folder and then hard linked to Videos which works. :)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Cool glad you got it working :)