A Question about Quiet Dialog Volume

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
KONTROLMASTER

A Question about Quiet Dialog Volume

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

I just have one simple question about quiet dialog sound in movies with 5.1 channels (also on Blu-ray). How to perform a normalization? Is that possible? I've only 2 channels on my TV! Watching on PS3. Asked here because don't know where to post and what to do! Please, forgive me if so! And also wanted to ask about video games on pc, I also have two speakers, volume is very good in the gameplay, but in the video also gets quitter at all. Hoping for a help from sound experts or maybe some advises.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: A Question about Quiet Dialog Volume

Post by SubJunk »

KONTROLMASTER wrote:I just have one simple question about quiet dialog sound in movies with 5.1 channels (also on Blu-ray). How to perform a normalization? Is that possible? I've only 2 channels on my TV! Watching on PS3. Asked here because don't know where to post and what to do! Please, forgive me if so! And also wanted to ask about video games on pc, I also have two speakers, volume is very good in the gameplay, but in the video also gets quitter at all. Hoping for a help from sound experts or maybe some advises.
Hi and welcome to the forums :) We don't have sound normalization because the transcoding tools we use don't offer it, but you can make UMS convert audio to 2 channels which might help. To try it, go to the Transcoding Settings tab, then the Audio Settings subtab, and select "2 channels" in the "maximum audio channels" dropdown.
lionidas

Post by lionidas »

SubJunk wrote:Hi and welcome to the forums :) We don't have sound normalization because the transcoding tools we use don't offer it, but you can make UMS convert audio to 2 channels which might help. To try it, go to the Transcoding Settings tab, then the Audio Settings subtab, and select "2 channels" in the "maximum audio channels" dropdown.
Hello SubJunk,

sorry, i know it's off-topic, but can you pm me about the issue discussed on this thread please

Thanks.

lionidas

Post by lionidas »

lionidas wrote: Hello SubJunk,

sorry, i know it's off-topic, but can you pm me about the issue discussed on this thread please

Thanks.

I understand, thanks
btw: i cannot pm you, my profil is still fresh,

Regards
KONTROLMASTER

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

Thank you for help, and I have an idea to suggest! What will be if I can change my ps3 sound settings, for example if I leave only 2 channels audio 41 and/or 44 Hz and deselect the 5.1 Dolby sound? Is it safe?