How do you edit .conf file?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jaysorbet

How do you edit .conf file?

Post by jaysorbet »

Hello, I'm sort of a new guy at this but I think I got the gist of it. I am doing a clean install of UMS. Here's what I did.

1) Installed UMS 1.4.0
2) Installed Channels Plugin
3) Transferred "Extras" and "Plugins" directory from SharkHunter Build v43 from PMS to UMS.
4) Accessed PS3, am able to access folders in Navi-X like "In Theaters Movie Thread (2012)" or "k1m05' Live Tv." However, cannot see any content or access movies.
5) From reading the forums, I had to edit the UMS.CONF file and add these 3 lines, according to SharkHunter:
channels.path=extras\\channels
channels.debug = true
pmsencoder.script.directory=extras\\scripts

However, when I try to edit, it says that I need permission and that it's read-only. I am using VIM text editor.

Hopefully, after this, I can go back to watching CNN.

Update Edit: I replaced tv_plug_190 with tv_plug_191 but renamed it back to tv_plug_190. All of a sudden, I can live stream and see channels like CNN or ABC. O__o
I find this strange. I didn't have to edit UMS.CONF at all. Anyway, do I have to keep tv_plug updated at all times and simply rename it to tv_plug_190? Or can I leave it as it is now?
Attachments
editing_conf_file.png
editing_conf_file.png (24.52 KiB) Viewed 3428 times