Could not create Java Virtual Machine.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Mkilbride

Could not create Java Virtual Machine.

Post by Mkilbride »

I get this error when attempting the exe or .bat file, which I want to use for increased memory like with PS3MS, the 1536 Heap Size VS the default of 256. However, I get this error. Java is installed, 64-bit. W7 64-bit Professional. PS3 Media server works without issues.

I want to switch over to this because PS3 Media server has not been updated in a year and has many remaining issues, so hoping for UMS to fix those. Was hoping it'd just install and work though. :P
jj123

Re: Could not create Java Virtual Machine.

Post by jj123 »

Have you downloaded the version of the installer to match the version of Java you have installed?

From the UMS homepage click the "Click here for advanced download options " link, and select either UMS for Java 6, 7 or 8 installer.
Mkilbride

Post by Mkilbride »

I get this problem sometimes still, then other times not. It is incredibly frustrating.
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Ok, please post a log. Also the default heap size is set on install, so your version should set it at 1280mb
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
johnsonjeven

Post by johnsonjeven »

Check this to know more about.....Java Virtual Machine

John