Switch Dolby Digital or DTS?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
outcave

Switch Dolby Digital or DTS?

Post by outcave »

Hi, I use the last version of UMS on my WinXP (Pentium i3).
I have configured UMS to use MEncoder (so MPEG2) to watch mkv through my PS3, I have a 1Gb/sec link so no problem about bandwith.
I choose MEncoder for two reasons: 1. Audio and Video sync is OK. 2. The subtitle (forced subtitle for example) works well.
The problem is: if a mkv file has for example 2 audio tracks (same language), the first is Dolby Digital and the second is DTS, UMS will always use only the Dolby Digital track and I cannot switch to DTS; instead if the first audio track is DTS, UMS will use this track (and for me is better) and I cannot switch to Dolby Digital. So if a mkv file has for example 2 audio tracks (same language) UMS will always play the first one track.
The question is: how can I switch beetwen the two tracks? How Can I use DTS audio track though the DTS is not the first audio track?

Many thanks, I hope for answer!
outcave

Re: Switch Dolby Digital or DTS?

Post by outcave »

hi guys, any ideas/answer?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It should offer you both options in the #--TRANSCODE--# folder
outcave

Post by outcave »

OK, I will try when I will back at home.
I use PS3, if I configure in UMS the tsMuxeR (instead of MEconder) I can choose the audio tracks (all audio tracks: both language and DD or DTS) by the AUDIO option of the PS3, so is not possible to update UMS so a user can choose the audio tracks in the same way when the tsMuxeR is used?
With MEncoder the AUDIO option of the PS3 is not usable.
Let me know.
Thanks!!
outcave

Post by outcave »

Hi.
Yes, with #--TRANSCODE--# folder I'm able to choose the various audio tracks. Thanks!
Anyway it will nice also to can choose the various audio tracks from the Audio menu of the Playstation 3 or the media player.
Thanks!
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

As far as I know, it is not possible to make those options work via media server, they are just for discs.
outcave

Post by outcave »

SubJunk wrote:As far as I know, it is not possible to make those options work via media server, they are just for discs.
Is not so... If you play on the PS3 a .mkv file that contains more audio tracks and you will configure UMS to use tsMuxeR you can change, also during the playback, the audio tracks by the AUDIO settings of the PS3 (press SELECT -> Audio option).
So if it possible with tsMuxeR, why it is not possible with MEncoder?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I'll check it out :)
outcave

Post by outcave »

SubJunk wrote:I'll check it out :)
Hi, did you check it?
SubJunk
Lead Developer