Channels not working after clean 1.5.0 Install

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
S7eele

Channels not working after clean 1.5.0 Install

Post by S7eele »

I first posted this in the additions and plugins section which I am now thinking was a mistake. Now I am placing it here and will delete the other if able. Sorry for the length.

I have been using PS3 Media server and the Channels plugin for several years, including some use of the PMS-SHB versions. When things transitioned to UMS I decided to make the transition with them. I hadn't had any problems until I decided to do a "clean" install of everything when I saw that UMS 1.5.0 was available. Everything had been working just fine, including the channels and xbmc plugins, before I 'just had' to perform a "clean" install with 1.5.0. I made the decision to do a "clean" install based on much of what I read regarding the changes in 1.5.0. Another factor was simply that I wanted to remove UMS, PMS and PMS-SHB from my system completely. I ran the install "clean", absolutely no traces of previous installs, using the 1.5.0 exe. Happy to report that after using nothing but the 1.5.0 install it started playing my local media just fine as soon as I made those couple changes that need to be made for it. Gotta make it clear, the 1.5.0 install was working fine within my local LAN but whenever I tried to use Channels it failed. At this point it is important to note that I first installed the channels and movieinfo plugin using the GUI plugin install. I noted that it installed channels 1.90 so I did do some manual updating to channels 1.91. Still no luck with Channels. I have exhausted myself and have tunnel vision after trying for so many hours over the past couple four days or so. It has kept me awake, but then I have some OCD tendencies so....... I want to say once again that I have been running the previous versions without incident. I think part of my problem with this particular instance is that I have always run the latest version of PMS and manually ensured that all plugins and any supporting software required (perl, python, rtmpdump,etc.). Obviously I installed much of the supporting software as individual pieces and ensured integration manually. This is quite different from the UMS approach of a turnkey solution that tries to do everyhting from within a intuitive gui interface.

So anyway, below you will find copies of my zipped files. If you would take a look and see if you can see anything. I really have a feeling I am missing something basic.
090712_001_ums_dbg.zip
(203.18 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
I hope the files attached will suffice. To give you an idea of what transpired to create the attached logs and configuration files I will summarize the general behavior of the system while the logs were being recorded. Everything playing exceptionally well within my local network and the files within. I used the Web folder to test "The Onion", "YouTube" and TED. "The Onion" and "YouTube" worked but TED would not. I was able to browse the Channels folders but when I got to the place where the video would actually be played it just would not show up. It was like all the channels parsed correctly but when I tried to access any video from a channel source it wasn't there. Again, I can navigate to where the file should be but it appears to be empty. Even in the Navix folder with the Angelina pics under the ImgTest .

SharkHunter - In addition to my issue above, as I was scouring UMS, PMS and PMS-SHB installations for several days and spending a LOT of time with the 1.5.0 release and your plugins. I have already documented some things I need to bring to your attention. Saw a few things that looked funny. I will do that as a different thread.
Peace!
S7eele

Re: Channels not working after clean 1.5.0 Install

Post by S7eele »

Ohhhh, wasn't Shark week just a week or two ago. That's probably where SharkHunter is at, recovering from SharkWeek. We, well in particular I, am missing you, channels won't work! I know this is done on spare time, if there is such a thing so really not pushing. Need to pull away from it for a little while anyway.
Peace!
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

Checking in to see if anyone has any thoughts. Hopefully Sharkhunter will see it or somebody else that has had success can assist. Vista 64 bit.
Peace!
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hopefully sharkhunter will see this, he's the plugins guy :)
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

Actually been using PMS and Jumpy but would like to get back onto UMS. Will do so soon.
Peace!