Live Subtitles stopped working

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
TheOwl

Live Subtitles stopped working

Post by TheOwl »

Hello there, more subtitle trouble from me! Live Subtitles used to work like magic for me before! And then out of the blue they just stopped working. I checked with earlier Live Subtitles that I KNOW had them, and they were empty too (after a fashion - they first showed the cached subtitles, but when I reset UMS thinking it might help, the cached subtitles were gone as well)

I also checked that they do really exist for the files I'm looking for - using MPlayer HC on my computer, I get the subtitles from OpenSubtitles just fine. Trying to track it through Log set to Trace and full logs, I can't see any mention about Live Subtitles, opensubtitles or subtitles in general.

Any help appreciated!

PS. Still loving UMS, I just hope I could sort these subtitle trouble...
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Live Subtitles stopped working

Post by SharkHunter »

Yes OpenSubtitles has changed somethings which breaks things. But this is already fixed (but not released) in UMS.
If your desperate you can check out the code and build your self. Use the master branch or the 5.0.0 branch since it's added on either of those 2.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
TheOwl

Re: Live Subtitles stopped working

Post by TheOwl »

Thanks for replying and fast turnaround! I might see about compiling UMS from sources at one point, but at least at the current time I might not be as desperate. Thanks for pointing it out though, that I have the possibility.

Thanks again!