PMS-Everything works, UMS-Nothing works

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
trikster

PMS-Everything works, UMS-Nothing works

Post by trikster »

I stream to a PS3 with a wired 100mb connection. I had PMS installed and every filetype I had stored on my computer ran fine (both on Windows 7 and Linux Mint). I see on Lifehacker about UMS and since there hadn't been much in the way of PMS updates, I figure why not... Well UMS has been a nightmare!

Some mp4's will play, but not all (seems if the filesize is bigger than a gig, no luck at all in playing).
mkv's will not play at all.
mpg's will not play at all.
avi's will not play at all.

What the heck?
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: PMS-Everything works, UMS-Nothing works

Post by SharkHunter »

UMS is the PMS on steroids so if nothing works I bet there is some generic error. So pls upload logs (look at the top of this topic)
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
trikster

Post by trikster »

Will see what I can do. With neither OS working, I removed the software and reinstalled PMS.
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

That's strange as I also stream to a PS3 via a 1 Gb network from a Win 7 box. For me 4.2.x has been the best media server so far. It has played pretty much everything I have (mp4, avi, mpg, mkv, ts) with and without subtitles. I also haven't had an A/V sync issue in a while too.