Slow browsing on PS3 after updating from 1.5.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mikeaoller

Re: Slow browsing on PS3 after updating from 1.5.0

Post by mikeaoller »

Anyone?

To describe the problem: On PS3, after initially clicking on the UMS-Icon under "Video", it takes 25s to display the toplevel directories. Entering these takes 25s again. Entering a movie's directory again. Entering the transcoding folder...again. The container...again. Starting the movie...again. If there is a directory with more than 10 subdirectories, UMS after the 25s displays only the first 10 of them. When reaching the list's last entry, it takes 2-3s, and another 10 subdirs are displayed (if one enters the directory and waits for about, ahh, 25s, its whole content is listed when starting to scroll).

At "Navigation/Share Settings" I tried every combination of Options - no change.

And, btw.: I know that this has nothing to do with my system and that this is NOT the default behaviour of PMS/UMS - I've seen it a hell lot faster, displaying folder contents 1s after entering the directory. That's how I'd like to have it always.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Slow browsing on PS3 after updating from 1.5.0

Post by SubJunk »

If you post your debug.log I can probably narrow it down