'No encoding' option under transcode?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SuperDre

'No encoding' option under transcode?

Post by SuperDre »

I don't know if it's only on some files, but I do know when I have a mkv it seems a lot of times there is no 'No encoding' option available under transcoding. Is there a setting which can just always have the 'no encoding' option available under the transcode folder? I'm using a PS3 and sometimes I use showtime, and showtime is able to play some mkv's without encoding, but if the option is not available I cannot use it.
Sometimes it seems showtime is a bit sharper than streaming through mencoder..
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: 'No encoding' option under transcode?

Post by SubJunk »

The PS3 doesn't support mkv files, but choosing the tsMuxeR option does the same thing (no encoding) in a way that the PS3 can recognise.
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

SubJunk wrote:The PS3 doesn't support mkv files, but choosing the tsMuxeR option does the same thing (no encoding) in a way that the PS3 can recognise.
The PS3 itself through the Sony mediaplayer it doesn't, but through ShowTime it does (up to a certain point/resolution)..
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Ah ok, well in any case it doesn't matter because tsMuxeR is lossless
mwneuendorf

Post by mwneuendorf »

Is it possible we can get this option always? It allows android devices to handle the file directly via MX Player, etc... That way you don't have to turn off the automatic detection.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

You can edit your android.conf file to do that. I just had a brief look at it and it seems that it already streams the following formats without transcoding:
mkv,hdmov,hdm,flac,fla,dts,ogg,asf,asx,m2v

So you should be able to add your formats to the list and get the no encoding option
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I've just updated the Android.conf file to the following for the upcoming UMS version, feel free to change yours now:

Code: Select all

# Profile for Android
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Android
RendererIcon=android.png
UserAgentSearch=Android
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGPSAC3
TranscodeAudio=MP3
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=true
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=true
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
TranscodeExtensions=
StreamExtensions=mkv,hdmov,hdm,flac,fla,dts,ogg,asf,asx,m2v,mp4,mpg,mpeg,avi,mov,wmv
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

SubJunk wrote:I've just updated the Android.conf file to the following for the upcoming UMS version, feel free to change yours now:
Maybe it's time to add a new settings screen where you can create your own profile, which also has a 'select from list' of extentions which have to be transcoded and which just stream.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

SuperDre wrote:
SubJunk wrote:I've just updated the Android.conf file to the following for the upcoming UMS version, feel free to change yours now:
Maybe it's time to add a new settings screen where you can create your own profile, which also has a 'select from list' of extentions which have to be transcoded and which just stream.
Do you wnat a GUI option for this? I would say it's faily simple to create a new conf file by just copying an old one and then modify it.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

SharkHunter wrote:
SuperDre wrote:
Do you wnat a GUI option for this? I would say it's faily simple to create a new conf file by just copying an old one and then modify it.
Yes, it's easy, but not userfriendly, and in the end it's userfriendlyness that you want to achieve (after ofcourse first having as much options as possible working through manually editable config files.. ;)