[Solved] TVs can no longer see UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Sami32

Re: TVs can no longer see UMS

Post by Sami32 »

Jacq1956,

Well done ;)

These messages can happen at first, while subscribing to the renderer, and disappear after the first fail, but in your case they stay.

Sorry, as a non english native, i'm not sure to understand you.
But what i don't understand is that UMS recognise Sony Bravia, which is DLNA complient and has all the tools to connect with UMS.
I'll say, that's good ;)

Did you tried to disabled your firewall ?
As most these issues are generally related to router, network interface or firewall misconfiguration, disabling it for testing purpose will help to solve your issue.
Some media server force the rules/exceptions into your firewall configuration that do the job for you, but violate your security without your consent/aknowledgment.

As a side note your configuration file have the network interface lo defined as your choice, but your log say that you're using enp5s0 network interface.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Do you use an other UMS instance running at the same time ?
Do you have installed UMS as a GUI and UMS as service as well ?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, could try to run only one instance and uninstall the UMS service and test again ?
Jacq1956

Post by Jacq1956 »

Thank you again, and sorry not to coming back sooner. You were right, it was no UMS problem, it was my home network problem. There was a mixed up between my wire and wifi network. I changed my config in etc/network/interfaces with this
''# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
Now i see and connect my Sony Bravia KDL-48W600B.
Thank you very much.
Jacques
Sami32

[Solved] TVs can no longer see UMS

Post by Sami32 »

Your are welcome ;)

Could you add [Solved] in front of your title in your first post, as i just did in this post ?
Thanks.