UMS 501 audio sync issues

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Gareee

UMS 501 audio sync issues

Post by Gareee »

I'm seeing the same issue on 501 as I did on 500. Occasionally on some files, audio goes out of sync after a few minutes. stopping the video and restarting it restores the sync, until after a time it reoccurs.

The last time I saw this issue, some encoder software had updates, and ums had to be updated to support proper playback, however if we roll back to 4.4.0 java 8, the problem does not exist, so I suspect its a new bug.

Log attached, and you can see the start/stop/restart of sleepy hollow several times to correct audio sync towards the bottom, where we saw it last night.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(65.25 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
Gareee

Re: UMS 501 audio sync issues

Post by Gareee »

No ideas?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi Gareee, thanks for the logs. Can you also please make logs using 4.4.0 so I can compare? Thanks
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

Will do!
herpaworker

Post by herpaworker »

I'd just like to add that I've been experiencing this with 501 as well (unsure which version it was fine with). I'll try some other files today but getting a log may have to happen later
gumert

Post by gumert »

herpaworker wrote:I'd just like to add that I've been experiencing this with 501 as well (unsure which version it was fine with). I'll try some other files today but getting a log may have to happen later
Same here. I initially chalked it up to using chromecast as opposed to my PS3.