Does UMS support full searching over many server folders?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jpro1001

Post by jpro1001 »

jpro1001

Re: Does UMS support full searching over many server folders?

Post by jpro1001 »

Anyone? e.g. recursive folders?
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

Searching and other lists functions are usually managed by your rendered (ie PS3, Smart TV, ...) and not the server (UMS)
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
jpro1001

Post by jpro1001 »

Thank you for responding!

I'm using bubbleUpnp to consume the ums server then my renderer is my xbox one's media player app. The xbox doesn't have a search feature as far as I can tell. However, BubbleUpnp does have a search feature and it works great. However it only searches the current folder. You're saying that there isn't a query being sent to ums for searches at all? And that the search is processed only on the client(s)? In the media server comparison table it says "Renderer search support", why would that be a feature of the server if it's all done on the client? Poking around about dlna online people seem to talk about a 'search query' being different than a search. Just wondering if the server is doing something with regards to search. Maybe I can even help code it in if it's just a matter of adding a recursive search and result?

media server comparison table: http://www.universalmediaserver.com/comparison/