UMS v2 and Windows Media Center(WIN7) .WTV playback

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
cmonster

UMS v2 and Windows Media Center(WIN7) .WTV playback

Post by cmonster »

Since upgrading to UMC v2 I haven't been able to access any .WTV files on my XBox(360). Every time the Xbox says that there aren't any files found. It had been working with previous versions of UMC without any problems.

I've tried re-scanning the folder several times and the Xbox still says that there aren't any files (there are). The strange thing is that during the scan , in the status bar at the bottom of the window, I can see that the drive where the .WTVs are stored is skipped during the scan (it's the first directory of three in the list). At first I had it as a UNC name then I changed it to a mapped drive and they are both skipped during scanning.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on? I've had to switch to using WMC on my XBox to watch .WTVs and that is as painful as pulling teeth. I know I could convert the WTVs but what sense does that make when it had been working.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: UMS v2 and Windows Media Center(WIN7) .WTV playback

Post by SubJunk »

Hi cmonster :) Please post debug.logs from both versions (the one that works and the one that doesn't)