PS4 now support DLNA!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mileleku

Re: PS4 now support DLNA!

Post by mileleku »

Hey, here is a log in which I first play a video (it transcoded without forcing FFmpeg in this new version, so I didn't force it this time).
Then I play an mp3 and try finding the .flac, but only see an empty Transcode folder for it.

I used your new config file, but the length of the video still isn't displayed. (Using forced Transcoding. If the file can be played by the PS4 natively without transcoding it shows the length.)
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(25.2 KiB) Downloaded 556 times
AlGrenadine

Post by AlGrenadine »

Otherwise, everything runs great and i don't have a/v sync issues anymore :)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for the fast replies :) Is the length working with other media servers while transcoding? I think we will do a release later today with what we have, then we can continue to work on improving it for the next one too
AlGrenadine

Post by AlGrenadine »

I don't know but it worked in previous version. It now seems to transcode every file here.
Ff/rw lack is really annoying...
creighton

Post by creighton »

SubJunk wrote:Is the length working with other media servers while transcoding?
Plex didn't have that working when I tested it - both it and now UMS show the length and can fast forward/reverse only for streamed files, not anything that gets transcoded.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Size for transcoded file is unpredictable so UMS sends fake size (check defaultrenderer.conf) as 0, -1 or as 100GB to make file playable until end.
You can try playing with it and also with seekbytime option (true/false/exclusive).
MXDTV

Post by MXDTV »

I downloaded 5.2.0 and you did a great job with video support (seeking problem apart), but what about audio transcoding? I can't transcode FLAC files at all....

Thank you for your amazing work by the way...
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Logs, logs, logs is a start 8-)
MXDTV

Post by MXDTV »

ExSport wrote:Logs, logs, logs is a start 8-)
I would post it but the PS4 recognizes FLAC Files as Folders instead of files! :D :D
Audioboxer

Post by Audioboxer »

Does anyone know if we will be able to get DTS working on the PS4 like the PS3? Or can we not use the passthrough trick any more?