PS4 now support DLNA!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
valib
Developer

Re: PS4 now support DLNA!

Post by valib »

If you want to help us because nobody of developers have the PS4 device can you go to UMS version 5.2.1, reproduce the bug and send the log? Otherwise we are blind and we are only guessing what is wrong. On the other hand PS4 users should contact Sony and ask them why they don't follow the DLNA standard. It started with PS3 and follow with PS4. For other renderers (most of them) we don't need to make any special code changes.
creighton

Post by creighton »

AlGrenadine wrote:I tried 5.2.1 tonight and it's catastrophic : videos not transcoded sto pplaying after few seconds and the PS4 says "unreadable media".
Transcoded videos have very long a/v sync issues (many seconds)...

Back to pre-5.2.0 alpha version...
I forgot to upgrade to the newest version from the last test one, but now I have and I just ran a bunch of the video test suite videos through it - they all played fine (only a couple had to be force-transcoded when UMS thought they could be streamed).
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

creighton wrote:
AlGrenadine wrote:I tried 5.2.1 tonight and it's catastrophic : videos not transcoded sto pplaying after few seconds and the PS4 says "unreadable media".
Transcoded videos have very long a/v sync issues (many seconds)...

Back to pre-5.2.0 alpha version...
I forgot to upgrade to the newest version from the last test one, but now I have and I just ran a bunch of the video test suite videos through it - they all played fine (only a couple had to be force-transcoded when UMS thought they could be streamed).
Thanks for the feedback :) It would be useful to know which files needed to be force-transcoded
AlGrenadine

Post by AlGrenadine »

I've tried 5.2.1 again and this time i don't have playback cuts anymore but still have a/v sync problems and no ff/rw ability on transcoded files only.

Here are both logs:

First log is 5.2.1 (java8)
- The first file played is not transcoded and has a/v sync issues but ff/rw enabled.
- The same file played transcoded : nomore a/v sync issues but no ff/rw
- Another file played : same a/v sync issues

Seond log is 5.2.0 beta (UMS-b47a368)
- The first file played is the same as previous log but it is automatically transcoded by UMS and has no a/v issue but no ff/rw ability
- Second file, same thing

It looks like transcoded files have better a/v sync, so mayabe force transcoding on every file ?
Then we only need ff/rw to work, it looks like file length is unknown to the ps4.

Thanks ;)
Attachments
ums_dbg 5.2 beta b47a368.zip
(127.45 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
ums_dbg 5.2.1.zip
(188.16 KiB) Downloaded 450 times
Lasher

Post by Lasher »

I just joined to post my views on UMS and the PS4

I updated to the latest version UMS and only manage to get through 20 mins of any TV show im streaming from my computer before it totally crashes UMS ... the only way to make it work again is to hit the restart server on UMS and then it will work again for another 20 mins before doing the same again... I am NOT using any transcoding when watching the files.

I did find that i had the FW/RW and it worked flawlessly.

ive gone back to 5.1.4 UMS and see if it settles down again

if I can help in anyway then let Me know

Lash
Jbsnake

Post by Jbsnake »

Lasher wrote:I just joined to post my views on UMS and the PS4

I updated to the latest version UMS and only manage to get through 20 mins of any TV show im streaming from my computer before it totally crashes UMS ... the only way to make it work again is to hit the restart server on UMS and then it will work again for another 20 mins before doing the same again... I am NOT using any transcoding when watching the files.

I did find that i had the FW/RW and it worked flawlessly.

ive gone back to 5.1.4 UMS and see if it settles down again

if I can help in anyway then let Me know

Lash

Hey!
I just joined to say I have the exact same problem. I am using windows 10 technical beta. I tried a fresh install and i talked to my ISP who are sending me a new Router :O But if more ppl have this error maybe it is with UMS. Im not sure how to check logs etc. But I am also here if I can help with this issue! Also this issue appeared well before latest versions for me.

Thanks for all your great work I have been a devoted follower for a long time.
emoolaf

Post by emoolaf »

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone working on it!!!

I have tried around a little bit more with different mkv´s and most I have tested worked with "no encoding", and only files with DTS sound were muted.

maybe this helps
Lasher

Post by Lasher »

Jbsnake wrote:

Hey!
I just joined to say I have the exact same problem. I am using windows 10 technical beta. I tried a fresh install and i talked to my ISP who are sending me a new Router :O But if more ppl have this error maybe it is with UMS. Im not sure how to check logs etc. But I am also here if I can help with this issue! Also this issue appeared well before latest versions for me.

Thanks for all your great work I have been a devoted follower for a long time.
Since I went back to 5.1.4 i havent had any more problems of UMS crashing ... that being said Ive also stopped running anything else with it like download clients etc ... so far so good.
I have set a static ip in the UMS options field for the server (computer) too ... Im runing 32bit windows 7 pro.

as far as i know PS4 media app doesnt support DTS in any way or form so even streaming it wont work ... i could be wrong on this though.
nk69it

Post by nk69it »

Hi, many thanks for your work.

I tried the new version 5.21 for the PS4, but video stop playing.

I have included the log in this message.

Thanks.

nk
Attachments
ums_dbg_nk69it.zip
(80.65 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
nk69it

Post by nk69it »

I have the same problem with the PS3, i suppose the file have some problem. Tomorrow i try with another video.

nk69it wrote:Hi, many thanks for your work.

I tried the new version 5.21 for the PS4, but video stop playing.

I have included the log in this message.

Thanks.

nk