PS4 now support DLNA!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Lasher

Re: PS4 now support DLNA!

Post by Lasher »

GuillermoAV wrote:Hello! it seems that there are a lot of users that can stream to the pS4 with no problems. In my case, every 20 minutes or so, the server gets disconnected and I have to restart the media player app on PS4. Everything works perfect, I can load subtitles, almost any kind of format go well, etc. but this issue of the 20 minutes is quite annoying. I have tried other servers like plex or serviio and they were all the same, so I thought it would be a PS4 problem. But if you are not having this issue maybe I'm doing something wrong? Any help will be very welcomed. Thanks in advance ;-)
Some of us had this problem when we were running UMS on Windows 7 ... disconnection problems in varying time frames and only restarting UMS would fix the problem until it happened again.
assigning a static IP to our computer and putting that IP in UMS solved the problem ... although some who were running windows 10 were also having this problem too and setting the static IP didnt fix it.

if your running windows 10 then there might be someone else here who can help you with your problem ... although so far I havent seen anyone reply in this thread how to fix the windows 10 error.
emoolaf

Post by emoolaf »

I have Win 7 and never had this issue with any version of UMS.
I have a static IP for my PC and a static IP for my ps4.
Ps4 has a wired connection. no Wifi, maybe this helps
AlGrenadine

Post by AlGrenadine »

I have win7 dynamic ips everywhere but ethernet links and no disconnections.
huulio

Post by huulio »

Fr3nZy wrote:Streamed an MKV and a large 2.5gb MP4. Worked without a problem with and without the Sony-PlayStation4.conf. Even fast forwarding worked well.
UMS 5.1.3. Wired 1gb end to end.
With Legend.2015.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE.mkv I can jump into time and reward/fast forwards on PS3 just fine, but not on PS4

I am a new PS4 users since a few days.. do I need to know something?

- Hool

edit: reading from second last page seems forwarding is not supported, forget I ever asked :D
firstcolle

Post by firstcolle »

huulio wrote:
Fr3nZy wrote:Streamed an MKV and a large 2.5gb MP4. Worked without a problem with and without the Sony-PlayStation4.conf. Even fast forwarding worked well.
UMS 5.1.3. Wired 1gb end to end.
With Legend.2015.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE.mkv I can jump into time and reward/fast forwards on PS3 just fine, but not on PS4

I am a new PS4 users since a few days.. do I need to know something?

- Hool

edit: reading from second last page seems forwarding is not supported, forget I ever asked :D
hi,
i found that most of mkv don't need transcode.. so i force mkv to not be transcoded by UMS. only the first audio is streamed but in this way i can FF the files.. in this case the PS4 transcode the file
if i need the second language or subtitles i move to #transcoded folder and select the desired combination. in this case UMS transcode the file

otherwise... the video quality seems to be better if UMS transcode the file.
emoolaf

Post by emoolaf »

yes. this is what I said earlier.
If I choose no transcode, I can FF, but the DTS audio doesnt work.

If I transcode these files, audio works, but no FF
huulio

Post by huulio »

@emoolaf

I toyed around with PS4 media player quite a bit last week, it's a fucking joke really. PS3 does the job perfectly and even my bluray player and bravia tv have better media playing than the ps4. As it is, it is totally useless. I came across plenty of video files in various formats which didn't work on ps4 at all, but worked faultlessly on ps3/tv/bd player.

I also tried with several servers including a few versions of UMS, PS3MS, Mezzmo and Plex.
emoolaf

Post by emoolaf »

its since an update for the ps4 last year.
it was working before...so sony changed something in the media player
emoolaf

Post by emoolaf »

Just tried out the new version 6.0.0, still no changes :(
astrogameguy

Post by astrogameguy »

My ps4 was streaming from the UMS great for the longest time. As of today (2//14/16) my ps4 is no longer seeing the universal media server. It keeps saying no renderer. I have updated the .conf file and even setup windows firewall incoming rules for port 5001. I have the newest version of UMS installed (as I just updated it). I am able to right click UMS and hit the website and everything is there.

Am I doing something wrong here or did I miss something? Anyone else having this issue?