PS4 now support DLNA!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
creighton

Re: PS4 now support DLNA!

Post by creighton »

SubJunk wrote:Thanks for the logs guys, unfortunately this means that my idea on how to fix transcoding to PS4 was incorrect, so I will have to have another idea (or someone else will). I'll have a think and try again :)
Not sure if any of this is useful, but someone did some testing with PMS and found that dumping their transcoded files and playing them on PS4 via USB works. Something with the way the PS4 is requesting the stream over the network is messing it up apparently.

https://github.com/mine260309/ps3mediaserver/issues/1
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hey guys,
Here are two updated builds to test if you can, it's really appreciated, as are logs :)

http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-544112b.exe
http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-ce9daae.exe
mileleku

Post by mileleku »

Sadly it still isn't working for me. (my .mov played fine, the other stuff does not)
Used clean install and everything for both versions you posted.

I'll attach logs later today.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Not sure if any of this is useful, but someone did some testing with PMS and found that dumping their transcoded files and playing them on PS4 via USB works. Something with the way the PS4 is requesting the stream over the network is messing it up apparently.
https://github.com/mine260309/ps3mediaserver/issues/1
Not only via USB worked but also transcoded file streamed directly to PS4 by UMS/PMS 8-)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Yeah that is a normal condition for renderers - that they all use our transcoded files, they just expect them to be served differently, like with certain information in certain places or given up front. It's just a matter of finding out which information it wants and then we can give it :)

Looking forward to those logs
mileleku

Post by mileleku »

Ok so, here are some logs. I hope they are of some use.

The 554112b played my .mov but not my 10 bit mkv both using forced FFmpeg.
The ce9daae didn't show my .mov, only when entering the Transcode folder. I was able to play the .mov but only with the tsmuxer option, because this was the only one that showed up for the mov. (Maybe I messed up somehow.) The ce9daae also didn't play my 10 bit mkv using FFmpeg.
Attachments
debug - ce9daae.log
(212.93 KiB) Downloaded 788 times
debug - 544112b.log
(362.24 KiB) Downloaded 753 times
creighton

Post by creighton »

SubJunk wrote:Here are two updated builds to test if you can, it's really appreciated, as are logs :)
544112b:

Code: Select all

flv1.flv - streamed fine with FFmpeg (trying outright did the tsmuxer crash)
transcode1.mkv - failed with manual attempt using FFmpeg transcode (trying outright also failed)
544112b.zip
(53.12 KiB) Downloaded 840 times
ce9daae:

flv1.flv - did not appear in initial file list on PS4 (did appear within TRANSCODE folder, but only had "no encoding" and "tsMuxeR" options - neither worked)
transcode1.mkv - failed with manual attempt using FFmpeg transcode (trying outright also failed)
ce9daae.zip
(49.67 KiB) Downloaded 938 times
Another note for a future update, I had an MKV file last night that should have played directly but didn't (had to go into TRANSCODE and select "no encoding" for it to play). I checked out the file and it had internal subtitles, so I added the following to the PS4's conf file and now it plays directly:

# Supported subtitle formats:
SupportedInternalSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP,ASS
SUBRIP was what my file had, ASS was taken from the previously discussed Plex profile - no idea of its veracity.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

mileleku wrote:Ok so, here are some logs. I hope they are of some use.

The 554112b played my .mov but not my 10 bit mkv both using forced FFmpeg.
The ce9daae didn't show my .mov, only when entering the Transcode folder. I was able to play the .mov but only with the tsmuxer option, because this was the only one that showed up for the mov. (Maybe I messed up somehow.) The ce9daae also didn't play my 10 bit mkv using FFmpeg.
Thanks a lot for the testing, it has given me some ideas
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

creighton wrote:
SubJunk wrote:Here are two updated builds to test if you can, it's really appreciated, as are logs :)
544112b:

flv1.flv - streamed fine with FFmpeg (trying outright did the tsmuxer crash)
544112b.zip
ce9daae:

flv1.flv - did not appear in initial file list on PS4 (did appear within TRANSCODE folder, but only had "no encoding" and "tsMuxeR" options - neither worked)
ce9daae.zip
Another note for a future update, I had an MKV file last night that should have played directly but didn't (had to go into TRANSCODE and select "no encoding" for it to play). I checked out the file and it had internal subtitles, so I added the following to the PS4's conf file and now it plays directly:

# Supported subtitle formats:
SupportedInternalSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP,ASS
SUBRIP was what my file had, ASS was taken from the previously discussed Plex profile - no idea of its veracity.
Thanks a lot for these logs. Could you please try again with FFmpeg set as the top engine? MEncoder was at the top in your config and that muddies the results.
Does the PS4 actually display internal subtitles?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Latest build to test :) http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-60101a0.exe please let me know how it goes