PS4 now support DLNA!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
valib
Developer

Re: PS4 now support DLNA!

Post by valib »

AlGrenadine wrote:UMS 6.0a1 seems to work fine on my PS4 with MediaPlayer 1.50, but i still don't have FF/RW ability on transcoded files.
Did not have A/V sync issues in recent testing, i hope it's gone ;)
This is a question for Sony why the FF/RW doesn't work for transcoded files. My quite old Panasonic TV correctly shows the curent playing time and FF/RW is working for transcoded files. It seems that Sony doesn't use the time stamps from the transcoded stream to set the player to show correct playing time and to allow FF/RW. And what is strange the old PS3 is working correctly so why PS4 not?
AlGrenadine

Post by AlGrenadine »

I don't know but maybe you can add few things to the stream, like file size or something else ? i dont't know the dlna standard...

By the way, i'm here to try things for you if needed ;)
Wszebor

Post by Wszebor »

Can someone give the Best Version of PlayStation4.conf file?
I've tried everything and I can't play *.flac files. Previously TranscodeAudio = mp3 was working really good but now it's not.
Amber45

Post by Amber45 »

finally took them long enough
Amber45

Post by Amber45 »

finally took them long enough
emoolaf

Post by emoolaf »

quick question, how do I get subfiles to work with my mkv´s?
never figuered it out
Lasher

Post by Lasher »

emoolaf wrote:quick question, how do I get subfiles to work with my mkv´s?
never figuered it out
Make sure that subtitles are enabled in the options of UMS ...I think they are by default.

then make sure the .srt file (sub file) is in the same folder as the MKV and that it also has the exact name as the MKV file

Example:

The Ninth Gate.mkv
The Ninth Gate.srt

Easiest way is to click on the title (the name only not the actual file) of the mkv file until its all highlighted ...then copy ... then click on your srt file until you again have the title highlighted again ...then just paste it and save ...it might say do you want to change name of file ...just click yes ....this way it will be named exactly the same as your mkv file and UMS will recognise it.
Also make sure you dont select the .mkv part ...otherwise it will try and change your .srt file into an .mkv file then it wont work.
Hope that helps :)
emoolaf

Post by emoolaf »

worked, thanks!!!

now we only got to fix the FF and DTS problems and it would be perfect
Lasher

Post by Lasher »

emoolaf wrote:worked, thanks!!!

now we only got to fix the FF and DTS problems and it would be perfect
I have a sony tv that has bravia sync ... one of sony's PS4 previous updates rendered the video stop button from working on My TV remote (My remote works for media through UMS on My PS4) ... then when i installed sonys last ps4 firmware update I noticed the stop button had started working again.

its quite possible sony are still playing around with the PS4 media player coding ...so here's to keeping our fingers crossed they finally sort it out to work like the PS3 did for streaming media.

that way the devs who work on UMS might be able to sort out the FF/RW and DTS problem

either that or its just a coincidence that my stop button started working again lol
GuillermoAV

Post by GuillermoAV »

Hello! it seems that there are a lot of users that can stream to the pS4 with no problems. In my case, every 20 minutes or so, the server gets disconnected and I have to restart the media player app on PS4. Everything works perfect, I can load subtitles, almost any kind of format go well, etc. but this issue of the 20 minutes is quite annoying. I have tried other servers like plex or serviio and they were all the same, so I thought it would be a PS4 problem. But if you are not having this issue maybe I'm doing something wrong? Any help will be very welcomed. Thanks in advance ;-)