Spot UMS on windows, files goes missing? + web interface lack control

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
wazer

Spot UMS on windows, files goes missing? + web interface lack control

Post by wazer »

So now i took the chance to do this step by step.

I install UMS, wait for it to show up in windows under my computer.

Click on it and this screen shows after i navigated to the movie i wanted to watch.

Then i double click the file WMP shows up, and nothing happens.

After refreshing the libary with the movie in it, the file disapears. Now i have to either shut it all down and or wait a few days until the files actually shows up again and i can continue doing this in loop, but it will never play any files oO?

This has been bothering me for a LONG time, since the actually web interface is not working properly when you want to watch with HTML5/Flash does not support navigating through a movie, if you want to resume, its not possible, if you cancel or come back later, you have to suck it up and start movie all over from beginning.
wazer

Re: Spot UMS on windows, files goes missing? + web interface lack control

Post by wazer »

up up up up
Wolfgan

Re: Spot UMS on windows, files goes missing? + web interface lack control

Post by Wolfgan »

If you're using UMS on windows as a media server, and Windows PC as a client, your best bet is to use an extenal player mapping media folders and not complicating things with DLNA. Just get a good player Windows like mpc-hc and you're all set.
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )