2.1.0 Won't start up.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: 2.1.0 Won't start up.

Post by SubJunk »

Damn. I am away for the weekend so I guess just stick with 2.0.0 until I get back to try to fix it. 2.1.0 is working for me so I will need to rely on the users that are affected by the bug to test
BoDoP

Post by BoDoP »

Thanks SubJunk for all of your efforts.
Enjoy your weekend!
I am sure you will get this all fixed up soon enough.
If there is any additional information or testing required that I can do please do not hesitate to ask.
CardcaptorRLH85

Post by CardcaptorRLH85 »

Just in case you end up needing more testers after you get back from your trip, I just wanted to say that I'm having the same issue with 2.1.0 not starting but 2.0.0 running just fine. When I watch the process in Process Explorer, I see javaw.exe run for 5-10 seconds then suddenly close all of it's handles and quit. This process doesn't generate a debug.log in either my install folder or my temporary folder. I'm running Windows 8 Professional x64 with Media Center (don't judge me, the media center add-on is free right now ^_^).
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

I tried downloading the 2.1 from the front page and installed it and it worked. Maybe I got some setting that is helping me out here...
Some questions:
1) What version of Java are you using? Try upgrading.

If someone feels brave pls download this http://code.google.com/p/sharkhunter-sh ... p&can=2&q=
unzip and place the .jar file in your UMS dir. Then simply try agian.

Pls give some feedback here. I'll will be in and out during the weekend, but I'll check in here
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
futurealbert

Post by futurealbert »

I am already running latest version of java. I run the 64bit version of it, but after having the startup issue insalled the x86 version. No difference.
On a positive note, replacing the jar with the one you linked and so far all seems good. It actually launches! Yay.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

futurealbert wrote:I am already running latest version of java. I run the 64bit version of it, but after having the startup issue insalled the x86 version. No difference.
On a positive note, replacing the jar with the one you linked and so far all seems good. It actually launches! Yay.
Just to be 100% sure. It starts and works as it should?

It is most likely a admin problem (again). Sometime you hate windows.

Edit.

Fetch a working installer from here (temporarily) http://code.google.com/p/sharkhunter-sh ... e&can=2&q=
futurealbert

Post by futurealbert »

SharkHunter wrote:Just to be 100% sure. It starts and works as it should?
Yep.

Strange. I do have uac completely disabled.
CardcaptorRLH85

Post by CardcaptorRLH85 »

SharkHunter wrote:
futurealbert wrote:I am already running latest version of java. I run the 64bit version of it, but after having the startup issue insalled the x86 version. No difference.
Just to be 100% sure. It starts and works as it should?

It is most likely a admin problem (again). Sometime you hate windows.

Edit.

Fetch a working installer from here (temporarily) http://code.google.com/p/sharkhunter-sh ... e&can=2&q=
Yup, both your altered .jar file and the fixed installer work. However, I also have UAC turned off so I'm wondering how that effected the install.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

UMS tries to create some files now during startup. Something that didn't work as expected. If someone who got it working could set thier logging to debug and upload a log that would be nice...
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Just walked in the door from a great camping trip and compiling a fixed version for immediate release :)