[Solved] No subtitles on Samsung UE40J5515 (J5500/Tizen)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
squadjot

Re: No subtitles on Samsung UE40J5515 (J5500/Tizen) [Solved]

Post by squadjot »

ExSport wrote:To not forget about it:
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... issues/654
As mentioned i think this conf will cover more 2015 models.. but atleast i think it should be UExxJ55xx

J5510(UK) and J5515(Nordic) are just white frame versions of the 5500
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Ok, Trying to get this TV to transcode.

#1 As you should can see in debug log, i'm trying to transcode a vob file. What happens; transcoding begins, the file starts playing, but soon after (2/3 sec), the video jumps back a few frames, the sounds starts over from beginning!,..and from that point a/v is out of sync.
Last but not least; it's not possible too ff/rwnd/seek (Same results as with FFMPEG) - At the end of the movie a message on the TV is displayed with the text "Check your connection".

#2 Next thing i try is transcoding a 720p ts file, but the movie does not load and, i just get a "Check your connection".

Code: Select all

TranscodeVideo = MPEGTS-H265-AAC

# If i don't enable TranscodeFastStart, the TV says "Check connection"
	TranscodeFastStart = true

# If i don't enable ChunkedTransfer, the TV says "Format not compatible"
	ChunkedTransfer = true

The TV streams almost everything thing, but I guess transcoding will be needed for some files with subtitles.

Any help would be apreaciated
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(82.61 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I don't recommend transcoding to MPEGTS-H265-AAC, it's slow. Unless you really have a reason, you should be using MPEGTS-H264-AC3
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Fixes are applied in the upcoming release, thanks for all the testing!
squadjot

Re: [Solved] No subtitles on Samsung UE40J5515 (J5500/Tizen)

Post by squadjot »

It would be cool if we could the TV to do proper transcoding.

As mentioned: transcoding begins, the file starts playing, but soon after (2/3 sec), the video jumps back a few frames, the sounds starts over from beginning!,..and from that point a/v is out of sync.
Edit: Also searching (ff/rew) is not possible with either mencoder or ffmpeg

I've attached debuglog, and also recorded how it looks: VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URyq8Ug2boY
Attachments
ums_dbg_samsung2015_transcodeproblem.zip
(29.47 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hmm, that's interesting. Is it the same if you run UMS as administrator? And if so, what about trying to force detection as other renderers to see if their configs have settings that work better for your renderer?
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Yes i've set UMS to run with admin rights. I've already been looking in other configs picking out settings, switching up a bit , but without luck. I hoped you could see something from the log.

I'll keep on trying
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

In the logs I see lots of " Connection error: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host", but that's an error that has been occurring forever (even before UMS existed) and I'm not aware of any fix for it :/
ifjvassn

Post by ifjvassn »

Hello,

I have a similar problem with two of my Samsung TVs: UE32J6200AWXXN and UE60KS7000, i.e. they do not support any subtitles (saved in .srt file) when streaming through a DLNA server (WD My Cloud, latest firmware) in my home Wifi environment. The subtitle is neither displayed nor is such a menu item available in the \"Option\" menu during the playback of an .avi or .mkv movie. It has been confirmed that both TVs should be able to render the subtitle files.The TVs have the latest firmware installed and they display the subtitle for the same movie+subtitle files arranged in the same folder structure via USB.

Can you pl explain how to do the .conf tweaking?