HTTP Error 500 on PS3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SteamyRV

HTTP Error 500 on PS3

Post by SteamyRV »

I've been using UMS for years and I've never encountered this problem before. When I booted my cpu today, UMS wouldn't detect my PS3. After trying several times to restart the server, the ps3 and the cpu, I upgraded to the newest version with a clean install. I also updated my Java to the latest version and redownloaded and clean installed the latest version of K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. Now my PS3 detects the servers, but when I try to play a file, I get a black screen with the message "Media center error: an HTTP (500) error has occured") and then I get taken back to the previous screen, this happens no matter which file I try to play. I checked my connection settings in my PS3, my router, and I see nothing. I've rebooted several times and I always get the same error. This has never happened before, I haven't changed routers or changed anything on my CPU since upgrading to Windows 10. I'm at a loss as to what the problem is. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!
ums_dbg.zip
Dev
(55.17 KiB) Downloaded 504 times
sheath

Re: HTTP Error 500 on PS3

Post by sheath »

I get this same error on my PS3 with windows 7 and the latest version of UMS. I can only play files if i go into the transcode folder and select the "No Transcode" option. When i swap to an old install of 3.2 it works just fine.
SteamyRV

Post by SteamyRV »

I had to give up and install Plex instead of UMS. Which sucks as I don't like it as much. Does anyone know of a permanent solution?

Thanks!
PaJson

Post by PaJson »

I know this is an old thread, but since I got the exact same error I don't consider this hijacking.

This error has occurred for me in the latest 7.6.2-version with a couple of files.
The log-window doesn't show anything, not even that I am trying to open/play the file(s).
I tried both the 7.6.2 "standard" version and the x64 "standalone" version.
I tried switching off external network and http engine but then the error just changes to a "regular" network error instead.
I switched back to 7.5.0 "standard" version and the files play just fine.
firefds

Post by firefds »

PaJson wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:07 am I know this is an old thread, but since I got the exact same error I don't consider this hijacking.

This error has occurred for me in the latest 7.6.2-version with a couple of files.
The log-window doesn't show anything, not even that I am trying to open/play the file(s).
I tried both the 7.6.2 "standard" version and the x64 "standalone" version.
I tried switching off external network and http engine but then the error just changes to a "regular" network error instead.
I switched back to 7.5.0 "standard" version and the files play just fine.
I'm having the exact same problem with 7.6.2. Will roll back to 7.5.0
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi guys, it would be really useful for us if you could provide two sets of logs - one from 7.6.2 and one from 7.5.0. Then we can see the difference and fix it
firefds

Post by firefds »

SubJunk wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:06 am Hi guys, it would be really useful for us if you could provide two sets of logs - one from 7.6.2 and one from 7.5.0. Then we can see the difference and fix it
Hey SubJunk,
I created an issue on Github with the 2 sets of logs - https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ssues/1735.
Attaching them here as well.

7.5.0 - everything works
7.7.0 (7.6.0+) - Most files return HTTP Error
Attachments
ums_dbg-7.7.0.zip
(172.36 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
ums_dbg-7.5.0.zip
(188.6 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
firefds

Post by firefds »

The issue is with the subtitle settings.

As I need English subtitles for any program, I usually set the subtitles settings as *,eng
When I do that, I get the 500 error.
Other subtitles settings that don't work:

*,*
eng,eng

Basically, anything but the default eng,off;*,eng;*,und doesn't work.
PaJson

Post by PaJson »

Seems this problem has still not been solved (version 8.1.0 and 8.2.0). :?