UMS has started stuttering and being unable to play files with subtitles.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
youngoliverreed

UMS has started stuttering and being unable to play files with subtitles.

Post by youngoliverreed »

For years I used PS3 Media Server, on a wireless network. And with that came thigns that I accepted. It was unable to play files in 1080p without extreme stuttering. It was unable to play a file with a large filesize without extreme stuttering.

On a whim, I decided to try UMS. It was amazing. I could play 1080p with any stuttering. I could play large files without any stuttering. Amazing.

Now that I am a couple of months into using UMS, I have gained some problems. I can't play files with subtitles unless I go into the Transcode folder and select MEncoder. A lot of files have started stuttering, no matter the filesize or resolution.

I have tried upgrading and downgrading UMS to no luck. I have tried a clean install. I have tried deleting the font cache.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks.

The log is for when I can't play files with subtitles.
Attachments
ums_dbg2.zip
log
(70.82 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
Last edited by youngoliverreed on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
youngoliverreed

Re: UMS has started stuttering and being unable to play files with subtitles.

Does anyone have any idea?
youngoliverreed

Okay, now I can't play files with subtitles at all. I'm attaching the log for this and updating the OP with it.
Attachments
ums_dbg2.zip
log
(70.82 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
snakebyte

Post by snakebyte »

Hey there,

First thing to do whenever stuttering appears when UMS is'nt updated in the mean time is to take routers and eventually switches in your network off current for a minute or two.
It can be happening that you get some network congestions and with a simple power off , the network connections will be rebuild and clean and fluent again.

Greetsssssssssssss Snakebyte.
youngoliverreed

Thanks, I'm gonna try that the next time it happens. I've tried turning off routers but only for about 10-20 seconds.