help streaming aiff & wav files ( Marantz NA6005 )

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
squadjot

Re: help streaming aiff & wav files

Post by squadjot »

Great! 8-)

Hmm, yea the render is now set to stream aiff directly (no transcoding)

Hmm, i hoped it would work ..Marantz product page mentions aiff
WMA 32/44.1/48kHz 48-192 kbps - .wma
MP3 32/44.1/48kHz 32-320 kbps - .mp3
WAV 32/44.48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz - 16/24 bits .wav
MPEG-4 AAC 32/44.1/48 kHz 16-320 kbps - .aac/.m4a/.mp4
FLAC 32/44.48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz - 16/24 bits .flac
ALAC 32/44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz - 16/24 bits .m4a
AIFF 32/44.48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz - 16/24 bits .aif/.aiff
DSD (stereo) 2.8/5.6 MHz - - .dsf/.dff
I think somehow it should be possible to get those aiff files playing too.

Have you tried to open the conf file in a text editor? You could try play around with some of the settings available
Tip: use the DefaultRenderer.conf as a "manual", there you will find all settings with some explanation

If you open the ocnfing you can see i added aif and aiff to the setting StreamExtensions

You could try edit to look like this:

Code: Select all

StreamExtensions = m4a,wma,mp3,mp4,flac,wav,dss,ds2
..and see if UMS successfully transcodes the aiff instead.

If not you could try uncomment the TranscodeAudio setting (remove preceeding # ) so that it reads:

TranscodeAudio = WAV
Last thing i can come to think of is to try to change mimetype of the aiff by adding this line somewhere in the conf:

MimeTypesChanges = audio/x-aiff=audio/wav
I'm not sure that will work tho..
linda001

Re: help streaming aiff & wav files ( Marantz NA6005 )

Post by linda001 »

Amazing help here from admin. It was really very helpful and smooth help.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

linda001 wrote:Amazing help here from admin. It was really very helpful and smooth help.
Thanks!, i'm just a forum moderator and basic user of UMS, but i'm happy to help =)

If any of you get aiff files playing, let us know so we can create a final config for the Marantz player
Miklos

Post by Miklos »

UPDATE

24 hours later and I can confirm that with the new Marantz 6005 config I am able to stream WAV, Mp3 & FLAC without any problems at all - all coming through loud and clear.

AIFF & M4a are both no show.

I have tried steaming from 2 different MACs and a Mac laptop - but AIFF files are still showing as "invalid file format" which is exactly what I got previously with WAV files.

However, the same AIFF files played via either iPod or USB Memory Stick play fine on the Marantz which seems to suggest that the files themselves are OK and that the Marantz can process AIFF files if it receives them. Back to the config ..........

Since this seems to have generated some interest from the number of viewings - fingers crossed that some other UMS user with the Marantz NA6005 may come up trumps with this - let's keep trying :)
Akos

Post by Akos »

Miklos wrote:UPDATE

24 hours later and I can confirm that with the new Marantz 6005 config I am able to stream WAV, Mp3 & FLAC without any problems at all - all coming through loud and clear.

AIFF & M4a are both no show.

I have tried steaming from 2 different MACs and a Mac laptop - but AIFF files are still showing as "invalid file format" which is exactly what I got previously with WAV files.

However, the same AIFF files played via either iPod or USB Memory Stick play fine on the Marantz which seems to suggest that the files themselves are OK and that the Marantz can process AIFF files if it receives them. Back to the config ..........

Since this seems to have generated some interest from the number of viewings - fingers crossed that some other UMS user with the Marantz NA6005 may come up trumps with this - let's keep trying :)
Dear Miklos,

I know this is a quite old topic but I would like to know how did you manage to play back WAV and FLAC files on Marantz NA6005?
I would like to use Marantz NA6005 with latest UMS (6.6.0.) on Windows but Marantz NA6005 always says „File Format Error” when I try to playback WAV or FLAC.
Which renderer config should I use?

Thank you in advance,
Akos