Can't see SMB network drivers...

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ruiseixas

Can't see SMB network drivers...

Post by ruiseixas »

Hi,

I have a WD TV Live sharing files in the network via SMB... This shares are easily accessed via windows 7 explorer, having no trouble navigating trough the files.

The problem is that my Squeezebox only recognizes UPnP shares, and I'm trying to transform a SMB share in a UPnP one. The Windows built-in UPnP server requires libraries and you can't make libraries of SMB shares! So, a dead end path here...

I know that the squeezebox server allows you to share a SMB drive, however it requires the rebuild of an entire library that takes years to make over the network... Universal Media Server does not require such libraries, it works on the fly!

I end up trying the Universal Media Server sharing the SMB share and it gives the following error all the time:

Code: Select all

12-12 15:37:01  Checking shared folder: D:\
12-12 15:37:01  Checking shared folder: E:\
12-12 15:37:01  Checking shared folder: \\WDTVLIVE
12-12 15:37:01  The directory \\WDTVLIVE does not exist. Please remove it from your Shared folders list on the Navigation/Share Settings tab
12-12 15:37:02  Using the following UUID configured in UMS.conf: 9bccc631-6773-4fa2-ad7a-ec76ea621bb3
The directory \\WDTVLIVE really exists, for instance similar software can share it via UPnP, however it demands the construction of a library... :-(

The protocol UPnP/DLNA is the most immature protocol I ever seen... All this years and, unlike the SMB, it keeps giving lots of headaches, it looks like it wasn't made to work on PCs!

Can any one help me on this supposed trivial problem? :roll:

Regards.