Another Java Exception 2.2.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Another Java Exception 2.2.0

Post by SubJunk »

Excellent, thanks for confirming :D
bevster

Post by bevster »

SubJunk wrote:@orgon3: Your bug will be fixed in the next version after 2.2.6.

@bevster: Your bug is different but is something that you can fix :) The problem happens with many "WEB-DL" files because of the way they are encoded. You can get around it by using FFmpeg or MEncoder, since the bug only affects tsMuxeR. This bug will be somewhat fixed in the next version after 2.2.6
just wondering if this will be fixed soon, I use FFmpeg for now. Thanks for your support
I have tried with all the latest versions up to date, none have fixed it
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It should have been fixed a while ago unless you rename your files. The fix I made is to tell the code "don't use tsMuxeR if the file has WEB-DL in the name"
bevster

Post by bevster »

if I manually select ffmpeg or mencoder it always plays fine.. If I forget to browse the transcode folder and just play web-dl tv shows it will screw up as before.
so basically tsmuxer will never play those fine? because of the way they are encoded right?
Also I have not changed the file names, it just messes up as it always has with txmuxer.
Thanks for your help, I will just continue to change over to ffmpeg manually as I have been for those files.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hmm weird, it should be working without the transcode folder. Can you post your debug info using the latest version?
bevster

Post by bevster »

ok will post in a few days, thanks
bevster

Post by bevster »

at 21:44:54 the usual tsmuxer problem occured and playback stops, so I started up ffmpeg right after to finish the show.
Only thing new is tsmuxer didnt want to play the file a few times as you see the earlier errors, so I transcoded for 5 seconds and then tsmuxer would start up after that.
Thank you
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 465 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hmm can you try a clean install? One of your settings might be causing this to happen. You might want to backup your settings by renaming the "UMS" directory in C:\ProgramData\ to "UMS Backup" or something first.
bevster

Post by bevster »

SubJunk wrote:Hmm can you try a clean install? One of your settings might be causing this to happen. You might want to backup your settings by renaming the "UMS" directory in C:\ProgramData\ to "UMS Backup" or something first.
want me to just use all default settings on the clean install, or can I change settings to how I like them ?
Last edited by bevster on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Maybe just keep it clean for the test (other than adding your folder/s)