Unable to play Divx

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
matrixebiz

Unable to play Divx

Post by matrixebiz »

Hello, by Blu-ray player doesn't play Divx Avi's so was wondering what is the settings I need to put in the conf file to allow it to play or what Transcoder should I use? Also, when I look at the Media Info for the file, the Writing library says Xvid but the Codec ID says Divx, just wondering if there is a way to quickly change this Codec ID header info to say Xvid or change something else to make it play on my DVD player?

Thanks
squadjot

Re: Unable to play Divx

Post by squadjot »

I think you can, i'm not sure how to specifically pick out files divx codec, but..can't you just use ##transcode## folder? (and choose mencoder)
matrixebiz

Post by matrixebiz »

I can try it agian but I think when I did that the A/V was out of sync.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

If you're having A/V sync issues you can try the #-Transcode-# folder (as Squad suggested) and use FFmpeg instead. See if that works better with the file you're trying to play. You can also adjust your Mencoder quality settings if you're having bandwidth issues (for example if you left it at default and you're using WiFi).

It could also be a renderer issue. Which renderer does it say you're using in UMS? If it says unknown you can check this forum and see if there's a thread for your player there. If not you can start a new topic with the brand and model of what you're using with UMS and I'm sure SubJunk will help you out.
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------