Missing subtitles since v 2.x [2.2.4]

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
squadjot

Re: Missing subtitles since v 2.x [2.2.4]

Post by squadjot »

Axcio wrote:EDIT: just spoke with samsung support, apparently they do not support embedded subtitles. Is there any way around this or am I forced to use SRT's/hardcode
I would say no, you'd need to have .srt's or .subs, and let UMS transcode with mencoder
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Madoka wrote: Perhaps if you replaced Eng with your language of choice, it would work?
Hmml, i'm not sure, but I don't think so. My srt's are untagged, so putting da,und won't help me.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

"da,und" where? In audio preferences, subs preferences or audio/sub preferences?
"und" is supported globally so if you will not tag subs, you will use "und" instead so if you have mkv file which has audio tagged as jpn and you want to load your external und subs, use "jpn,und" in audio/sub preference.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Thanks ExSport

Ok, i can see that if have a file with multi language, i might need a priority syntax.
I basically wan't english language + untagged external srt file ( which will be danish, but sometimes english )
so - if i understand it correct, i should be able to use eng,und
But what if the file contains a embedded und subtitle track? - or would that be highly unlikely?
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Yes, also embedded subs in MKV can be untagged but in most cases they are tagged.
So yes, eng,und will try to play eng audio and und subs. With recent changes I am not sure if embedded or external subs have a priority so can't say which one will be loaded.
But all the time you have an option to choose correct subs directly from #TRANSCODE# folder ;)
gedman

Post by gedman »

I want UMS to play subtitles only from .srt file even if there are embedded subtitles inside the MKV file, how do i set it up ? (no matter what is the audio language)

Thanks for your help.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Recent versions of UMS always choose the external subtitle file over the internal one unless your subtitle settings prohibit that (unless it's a bug of course)
What is happening for you?
gedman

Post by gedman »

No matter what i set on the client side the file name is with {external subtitles} but there are no subtitles.

It happens only with MKV with embedded subtitles.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can you attach your debug zip? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
gedman

Post by gedman »

This is the log.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip