Missing subtitles since v 2.x [2.2.4]

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
squadjot

Re: Missing subtitles since v 2.x [2.2.4]

Post by squadjot »

So this is not true:
It seems like UMS detects the subtitle as T3XG instead of Subrip, and thereby it fails.
- Well we will see ;)

The reason i even mentioned T3XG subtitles..is if i start this movie with mencoder (not in transcode folder), following will appear in subtitle area "00:00:00.00"
Only i specifically choose T3XG subtiles in #--transcode--#, EXACTLY that happens (movie subtitle area shows "00:00:00.00")

So, therefore it SEEMS* like the subtitles are detected as T3XG - (im not an expert, but since this reproduces the "bug" 100%, i think it's worth mentioning)..

No matter how you twist and turn it...from a user perspective, it does not work as it's supposed to.

Edit: another reason i suspect TX3G-thingy to be the issue is, i never, ever saw that before.. this "T3XG" in transcode folder.. So by it suddently being there, and i'm having a subtitle problem for first time in my 2 year long experience with PMS (now UMS).. yeah.. i found it worth mentioning, as a clue to where something might have gone wrong.

Edit2: And oh.. very important.. Most files do play subtitles fine! - it's only a fraction of files that gives this error, actually, so far i've only came a cross this one file. And yeah i tried "rebuilding" the srt by using some subtitle programs (incase of bad formatting, or file encoding) - anyways, the SRT file itself is fine..

Also, as mentioned..the file in debug.log worked fine with that subtitle in earlier versions of UMS. (i beleive prior <= 2.2.0)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can you take a photo of the "T3XG" thing in the transcode folder? I don't know what that could be but it could be tied to a different bug
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

I agree with SubJunk, screenshot outside and inside TRANSCODE folder will help because in debug.log there is no info about "T3XG" subs:

Code: Select all

stream 2: subtitle (mov_text), -sid 0, -slang und
[/size]
Also it will be great to post MediaInfo report of affected file.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Yes sure!

Ow, i see it is spelled, "TX3G" not T3XG, sorry..

I restarted the computer, but somehow the movies starts into the movie.. and i can't get the "00:00:00.00" to show now.
- is there a way to reset cached stuff entirely?

I've also uplaoded a video of the process here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4p_4hUpPcE <-- updated
Note: this video also shows how long javaw is to shut down.
Last edited by squadjot on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Ahh the mediainfo file reveals stuff..
It seems like the file is having some sort of embedded menu and subtitle..

Still, it really doesent because if i play the file on other machines, pc and smartphone.. no menu or subtitle is avail.
But i can see now that this is a "special" case. Still, the file played fine , with subtitle by default, in earlier versions.

In an earlier post i mentioned this together with some other issues, anyways the user "Berzerk" seems to have the same problem , see bottom @ this post

Outtake from mediainfo file
Menu
Count : 88
Count of stream of this kind : 1
Kind of stream : Menu
Kind of stream : Menu
Stream identifier : 0
Chapters_Pos_Begin : 68
Chapters_Pos_End : 88
00:00:00.000 : 00:00:00.000
00:04:05.912 : 00:04:05.912
00:10:11.820 : 00:10:11.820
00:15:25.133 : 00:15:25.133
00:19:31.545 : 00:19:31.545
"00:00:00.000" - I think thats what i see on screen when the movie is started from "fresh"
and
Text
Count : 127
Count of stream of this kind : 1
Kind of stream : Text
Kind of stream : Text
Stream identifier : 0
ID : 3
ID : 3
Format : Timed text
Format_Commercial : Timed text
Codec ID : tx3g
Codec ID/Url : http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html
Codec : tx3g
Codec : Timed
Codec/Info : Timed text (3GPP)
Codec/Url : http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html
Duration : 6351804
Duration : 1h 45mn
Duration : 1h 45mn 51s 804ms
Duration : 1h 45mn
Duration : 01:45:51.804
Bit rate mode : CBR
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 0
Bit rate : 0
So, In the end ExSport can turn out to be right :P - basically.. it gets detected "correct" as tx3g, (atleast thats what mediainfo reports)- the only is issue is that.. it's empty , and also, since i got a srt file next to the movie, i'd prefer UMS to play the srt file instead of the non-existing "embedded" text.

Note: If i open the file in VLC and WMP, they report no subtitle track at all. (i'd guess VLC would list it.. but it would be empty..but nope)
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

I can advice you to tag your external srt file as I described in last post and change:
Btw "und" is on my list of preferred languages.. now its "und,eng,fre,jpn,ger,und" - but still does not work
to:
eng,fre,jpn,ger,und
In older UMS/PMS versions external subs had preference but in last changes it seems internal/embedded ones takes the lead (bug?) so if you have internal UND subs and external UND subs, internal ones are loaded.
So name external subs as specified in another post and add this tag (CZE or ESP in example) BEFORE ",und" part, e.g. "CZE,eng,fre,jpn,ger,ESP,und" in UMS GUI.
Subs are loaded depending on your preference order ;)
That you saw 0:00:00:00:00 it seems it is bug in UMS/MEncoder/MediaInfo that incorrect track is loaded (instead of internal subs MENU or CHAPTERS are loaded?)
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

ExSport wrote:I can advice you to tag your external srt file as I described in last post and change:
Btw "und" is on my list of preferred languages.. now its "und,eng,fre,jpn,ger,und" - but still does not work
to:
eng,fre,jpn,ger,und
In older UMS/PMS versions external subs had preference but in last changes it seems internal/embedded ones takes the lead (bug?) so if you have internal UND subs and external UND subs, internal ones are loaded.
So name external subs as specified in another post and add this tag (CZE or ESP in example) BEFORE ",und" part, e.g. "CZE,eng,fre,jpn,ger,ESP,und" in UMS GUI.
Subs are loaded depending on your preference order ;)
That you saw 0:00:00:00:00 it seems it is bug in UMS/MEncoder/MediaInfo that incorrect track is loaded (instead of internal subs MENU or CHAPTERS are loaded?)
I had "eng,fre,jpn,ger,und" before i changed to "und,eng,fre,jpn,ger,und"

Same thing happens

--

Edit: i dont' want to specifcally tag all my srt files, i only use only one country/language. And my argument ,again, is this has worked before in recent version of UMS without all these circumventions.

Edit2: It's only because i got a lot of files i'd hav to go through.. but i see it might be good idea anyways to rename/tag srt.. i'm just reluctant because this worked just worked before ^^
Last edited by squadjot on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

In older UMS/PMS versions external subs had preference but in last changes it seems internal/embedded ones takes the lead (bug?)
That would explain everything..
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Rename one and let us know if it fixed your problems ;)
We need to know it so we found root cause of your problem ;)
In your older post you said you are using "und,eng,fre,jpn,ger,und".
Please try to change it to "XXX,eng,fre,jpn,ger" (remove UND part) in UMS GUI, test your file and post debug.log!
XXX replace with your subs tagged (e.g. MovieName.esp.srt if you are Spanish)
In your last debug.log the internal subs are loaded so there is no info about any external subs.
Thx
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Ok tried it, it does not help.. the embedded "ghost" TX3G subtitles gets loaded no matter what.