UMS won't detect PS3 sometimes

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Snippertje

UMS won't detect PS3 sometimes

Post by Snippertje »

Weird problem with UMS. Ususally everthing is fine and the PS3 en my TV are detected, but not always. If I reboot my PC UMS won't detect my PS3 anymore, it just states: "no renderes detected". The only thing that solves this is reinstalling java, something that is very time consuming (slow booting). After reinstalling everything is fine again, but if the PC is rebooted it won't work anymore.

So I was wondering if anyone knew a better solution to this very annoying problem?
lemtargatwing

Re: UMS won't detect PS3 sometimes

Post by lemtargatwing »

Can you post a debug log?
Snippertje

Post by Snippertje »

You mean when it does not locate a renderer? I first need to wait for the bug to unfold again. But when it does I will post it.
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

To assist the guy's in getting your problem looked at follow this post.
You need to include the debug log, including the problem that's occurring.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
Snippertje

Post by Snippertje »

Oké server didn't recognize renderers. So here is the debug log.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(11.34 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It can happen if the PS3 has been on for a while, I think it is a bug in the PS3 because I tried to track down the bug but it happened even with very old versions of PMS (like from 3 years ago)
Snippertje

Post by Snippertje »

No it only happens if I reboot my PC. UMS will start, but there is something wrong in java, because if I reinstall java everything works fine again. In the debug I turned the PS3 on after UMS was started. Also normally it recognizes my TV and my PS3, but it's either none or both. I think the bug is in java or there could be something wrong with the configuration on my computer.

Edit: Hmm, I think I found the problem. Turns out that if I disable the windows service the PS3 is found once again! Will check to see if it stays this way and keep you guys informed.