Local Webcams and Ip Camera Streaming

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
maudit

Local Webcams and Ip Camera Streaming

Post by maudit »

Hi,
Is it possible to Show an Ip Camera Streaming?
And a local webcam?

thanks
infidel
Developer

Re: Local Webcams and Ip Camera Streaming

Post by infidel »

maudit wrote:Is it possible to Show an Ip Camera Streaming?
See videostream items in WEB.conf, e.g.

Code: Select all

videostream.Web,webcams=cam1,http://192.168.1.84:8082/
maudit wrote:And a local webcam?
If you're on Windows and the webcam is directshow-compliant, you can try the jumpy capture script. But first see if it shows up as a directshow device by opening a command window in the UMS win32 folder and running ffmpeg:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -list_devices true -f dshow -i dummy
leofrich

Post by leofrich »

Anyone get this to work? I am having some issues. I have an IP Camera and want it to show on my SmartTV (Philips) . The renderer works for the images I am sharing on my network but I really want to access my IP Camera. It has and IP address of 192.168.2.150 and uses port 4800. It is also needing to pass a username and password. I am new to this, but have figured out how to add this to the web.conf file. But I must not be getting the format correct yet. I get a "Unrecognized File Type" message when I try to access it on my TV. Is UMS a good choice for being able to access my IP Camera as well as my media? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Everything I have found is vague...

I believe I am trying to use the FFMPEG file format from Foscam, but maybe I am more lost than I realize-

No log submitted here as I don't see that it would really be helpful yet. Just trying to figure this out!

Thank you!
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

The log is useful because it shows us what actually happens. I don't know much about WEB.conf, but this does depend on what protocol and format the stream is.

FFmpeg isn't a file format, it's a very popular media converter: https://www.ffmpeg.org/

You should open a new thread and post debug files as described.