Hide subfolder for Virtual Folders

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
dumpen

Hide subfolder for Virtual Folders

Post by dumpen »

Hi. I'm trying to setup a virtual folder structure.
It's mostly working except that I would like to hide some folders.
The structure looks like this

X:
--.Temp
--Breaking Bad
--Sopranos

Z:
--Modern Family

and the VirtualFolders.conf file
[
{
"name":"TV Shows",
"files":["X:\\","Z:\\"]
}
]

What I would like to do is not inlcude the folder named .Temp. I don't want to see it when i browse my media server. Is there any code or command I could add to my VirtualFolders.conf file to hide or ignore that folder?
valib
Developer

Re: Hide subfolder for Virtual Folders

Post by valib »

It seems to me that you set the drive not the folders. I f you set only folders you want to share everything will be OK.
dumpen

Post by dumpen »

Yeah. I set the drive because they only contain folders with tv shows. Apart from the few folders I want to hide.
The alternative would be to add all the tv shows folders manually as children, but adding 30 folders seems a little much if I can just hide 2. I would also have to manually update it if I ever get a new show.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Try to use some of the methods described here https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... d-Security
dumpen

Post by dumpen »

Thanks.
That kinda works. But for the UMS.deny file it only seems accept one regexpression to block and I have 3 folders. It just seems to ignore all lines after the first one.

I was hoping the just was some easy command to add to the virtualfolder.conf file. for example

[
{
"name":"TV Shows",
"files":["X:\\","Z:\\"]
"ignore":[X:\\.Temp"]
}
]

And then it would just ignore listing that folder.
dumpen

Post by dumpen »

bump
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

There is no such functionality. I'd have to reorganize your folder structure instead, so that things you want to hide isn't inside your shared folders.
dumpen

Post by dumpen »

ok.
Is it possible to add a condtion to UMS so that it ignore folders that start with a ".", for example .Temp
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Almost anything is possible, but somebody has to make it. UMS is open for contributions, reasonable modifications have a good chance of getting merged. Simply make a pull request with the modified code here: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ediaServer
dumpen

Post by dumpen »

I would love to add this feature myself. I just don't have very much experience coding. I have no idea which file I even would edit or add to.

Thanks for the replies.