Update to 6.1.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Stoertie

Update to 6.1.0

Post by Stoertie »

Hi all,

Sorry, for my poor english... schooltime is already a few years ago, but I try to do my very best! :-D

I have installed the version 5.5.0 a few weeks ago and it works fine.

Today I had a message, that there is a new version. I started the update and the installation process stopped at the file "MediaInfo.dll" (installation couldn'd write the file). I skiped this point and UMS is running, means we can watch films on our smart TV.

But after opening the UMS window on my computer, I found out, that there are no Icons of the streaming clients anymore... Is that correct, or is it a fault?

Has anyone an Idea?

BTW: on my computer runns Win7 64 pro

Regards
Michael
ExSport

Re: Update to 6.1.0

Post by ExSport »

Locked MediaInfo.dll file means you installed UMS when it was already running.
If it happens in most cases you will see two javaw.exe process which means two instances of UMS is running what means a "disaster" for UMS functionality 8-)
Restart PC or kill all javaw.exe processes and start UMS installer again so it can be correctly reinstalled.
Then start UMS and retest ;)
quick_dry

Post by quick_dry »

You can often rename media info.dll to something else and then it will install - which makes no sense that you couldn't just overwrite it but that's just what I've found works. Usually the javaw.exe processes can't be killed and you must restart to get rid of them.
sumni

Post by sumni »

Hi can you give me a help with my Samsung smart tv? I am NEW and do not know where to start, to even fine file and setup thanks,