Videos Not Showing Up on Xbox360

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jinxt

Videos Not Showing Up on Xbox360

Post by jinxt »

This is a super odd one.

I just did a fresh install of Windows yesterday. Set my codecs back up, installed Java, installed UMS 2.4.0

I've been using UMS for a long, long time.

I've never had this issue before and I'm getting really frustrated so hopefully it's something stupid simple that I'm overlooking.

Everything is setup and networked as usual. I have my folder shared the way it's always been. My XBOX360 sees UMS but when I go to open it, the xbox just shows a blank directory with no videos, folders or files.

Log file is clean with no issues.

Firewall (router) has an exception set for ports 5001 and they're set to forward to my system. I've added exceptions for port 5001 UPD and TCP into the windows firewall just in case.

I get no errors anywhere, just a blank list with no videos where I used to get the entire contents of the shared folder and subfolders within.

This is FRUSTRATING
djchateau

Re: Videos Not Showing Up on Xbox360

Post by djchateau »

I'm also experiencing this issue. I did an update and now I can see any of my video despite changing no settings. I pulled the installation and did a clean install but still show the same thing. I select Universal Media Server from Xbox 360's Video Player, but it comes up as if I had shared no videos at all. I've attached the log from my server, hopefully that will provide some insight.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Debug Files with issue.
(12.29 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

djchateau wrote:I'm also experiencing this issue. I did an update and now I can see any of my video despite changing no settings. I pulled the installation and did a clean install but still show the same thing. I select Universal Media Server from Xbox 360's Video Player, but it comes up as if I had shared no videos at all. I've attached the log from my server, hopefully that will provide some insight.
Pls redo the failing thing with TRACE set as log level. See here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
OliverHaslam

Post by OliverHaslam »

Same issue here. Seems fine on the PS3.
CardcaptorRLH85

Post by CardcaptorRLH85 »

I'm having the same issue with videos not showing up on my Xbox 360 in 2.4.0 and 2.4.1. Attached are my 2.4.1 TRACE level log files.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(15.33 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
djchateau

Post by djchateau »

Updated to 2.4.1 still experiencing the same issue. The Xbox is seeing the server but request being made seem like it's not responding with the directories designated.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Trace Level Log for UMS 2.4.1
(18.31 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can you also attach the debug info for the last version that works? (I assume 2.3.0?)
djchateau

Post by djchateau »

SubJunk wrote:Can you also attach the debug info for the last version that works? (I assume 2.3.0?)
Done, attached trace log after testing on 2.3.0. Video streams fine and clean with most settings set to their defaults. I only set the Ethernet adapter and the renderer on UMS and was able to successfully navigate through all my directories since I had not set my folders to only expose the one directory I normally use.

Please let me know if there is any other information I can gather for you to help facilitate debugging.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Trace Log for 2.3.0
(22.49 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
jinxt

Post by jinxt »

Guess I'll be uninstalling and going back to 2.3.0 for the time being.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

To fix this I need you guys to test some versions for me to narrow down what caused this bug since I can't see it in the code.
Please let me know which of these (if any) causes the bug:

http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-1334beb.exe
http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-6584c38.exe