Sony Bravia - Issues & Problems: 2.2.0 vs 2.4.2

For help and support with Universal Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Sony Bravia - Issues & Problems: 2.2.0 vs 2.4.2

Post by SubJunk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:18 pm

@Serenus, please try this version: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-Serenus.exe
It might not work but it will be good for a test
kuroukage wrote:
SubJunk wrote:Actually it looks like this config needs some love. I'll put a new one together for you
Just out of curiosity...is the guide on how to make your own renderer (on the PS3 Media Server forums) still relevant? I was thinking of doing a custom one for the Galaxy S3 to see if i could get it working better than the standard Android config UMS has.
I don't know, can you link to the guide?

Madoka
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: Sony Bravia - Issues & Problems: 2.2.0 vs 2.4.2

Post by Madoka » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:46 pm

SubJunk,

Two quick questions about UMS-Serenus (2.5.0). I tired it as I thought it might be 2.5.0. :D

The "Use tsmuxer" option is gone but it still seems to work that way. Is it now always "on" by default?

The " Use LPCM only for HQ audio" section is gone from the UMS.conf file, but it still seems to work if I put it back in?

The new settings tabs look great!

Thanks for all your hard work.

User avatar
kuroukage
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: Sony Bravia - Issues & Problems: 2.2.0 vs 2.4.2

Post by kuroukage » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:52 pm

SubJunk wrote:I don't know, can you link to the guide?
This guide.
Madoka wrote:The "Use tsmuxer" option is gone but it still seems to work that way. Is it now always "on" by default?
Yeah, I was curious about this as well. I figured it might be missing because it's still in beta and they're still doing work on the newer GUI.
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------

mrtickle
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 am

Re: Sony Bravia - Issues & Problems: 2.2.0 vs 2.4.2

Post by mrtickle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Madoka wrote:The " Use LPCM only for HQ audio" section is gone from the UMS.conf file, but it still seems to work if I put it back in?
How can you tell? Is that option in the UI too?

Serenus
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Sony Bravia - Issues & Problems: 2.2.0 vs 2.4.2

Post by Serenus » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:53 am

After opening UMS and browsing through the directories it won't load/show any of my files unless they contain a matching .srt file, it does show my anime files.

TV Series with Subtitles
"Video file cannot be played" error.

TV Series without subtitles
They are not listed so I couldn't test them.

Anime
"Video file cannot be played" error.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2.5.0_Serenus.zip
(37.77 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

User avatar
kuroukage
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: Sony Bravia - Issues & Problems: 2.2.0 vs 2.4.2

Post by kuroukage » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:58 am

mrtickle wrote:How can you tell? Is that option in the UI too?
That option has been removed from the v2.5.0 GUI. I'm not sure if they're getting rid of it or it's just gone for now because it's still in beta.
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------

Madoka
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: Sony Bravia - Issues & Problems: 2.2.0 vs 2.4.2

Post by Madoka » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:45 am

mrtickle wrote:How can you tell? Is that option in the UI too?
Well, I just looked through the whole conf file. :D No, it's not selectable from the UI. I just manually edited the conf file.

User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Sony Bravia - Issues & Problems: 2.2.0 vs 2.4.2

Post by SubJunk » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:45 am

kuroukage wrote:I figured it might be missing because it's still in beta and they're still doing work on the newer GUI.
Yup this is why
Serenus wrote:After opening UMS and browsing through the directories it won't load/show any of my files unless they contain a matching .srt file, it does show my anime files.

TV Series with Subtitles
"Video file cannot be played" error.

TV Series without subtitles
They are not listed so I couldn't test them.

Anime
"Video file cannot be played" error.
Weird... What happens if you use the old BraviaEX.conf?

User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Sony Bravia - Issues & Problems: 2.2.0 vs 2.4.2

Post by SubJunk » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:36 pm

kuroukage wrote:This guide.
Yeah that looks more-or-less accurate although in UMS it can be done easier. Maybe I'll write a guide for it at some stage but for now use that one

User avatar
kuroukage
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: Sony Bravia - Issues & Problems: 2.2.0 vs 2.4.2

Post by kuroukage » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:07 am

SubJunk wrote:
kuroukage wrote:This guide.
Yeah that looks more-or-less accurate although in UMS it can be done easier. Maybe I'll write a guide for it at some stage but for now use that one
What's different for writing new renderers between the two?
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------

Post Reply